TBBS Fanfic Recommendations

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Naraht, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Whtstr314

Whtstr314 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Season 6 of the Final Frontier is supposed to be coming, not sure when though.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  2. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:o Wow... much obliged, unusualsuspex! Thanks for the shout out. :techman:

3. unusualsuspex

unusualsuspex Captain Captain

Praise where praise is due mate!

4. LoLoStone

LoLoStone Cadet Newbie

AARGH! I just read the first 15 chapters of Echoes by Ke Roth...and I can't find the rest!!!! Please someone, help me out! I have also found the last 18 chapter...but I'm missing about 150 in between. The old links I found on here don't work anymore. I am DYING here!!

5. LaBarre

LaBarre Commander Red Shirt

6. LoLoStone

LoLoStone Cadet Newbie

I found that one, but it's only through Chapter 24 :(

7. LaBarre

LaBarre Commander Red Shirt

^ My point - sadface - is that this is the writer's homepage and more to the point that said writer posts her/his own email address on the page for those who wish to make contact.

So email Ke Roth to get the rest.

The alternative is to go to alt.startrek.creative because it's all there.

If you need more help feel free to PM me, as I totally understand the frustration of a keen reader enjoying excellent fanfic, only to be left stranded....

8. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Nerys Ghemor's "13th Order" here in the fanfic forum - it's fantastic! I put off starting it for a long time because it's long - but it is crazy good! I'm thrilled to have found it and the writing is consistently great - excellent characterization - a fair bit of very good world building - I'm less than 25% through and I don't think I'll be disappointed! I'll definitley be back to update! I don't have enough thumbs to "up" for this one!

9. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Thank you so much again for reading, and for your kind words. :)

10. johnny.snowball

johnny.snowball Cadet Newbie

Buffy meets Star Trek - Fanfiction crossover with pictures. Science meets the supernatural as Star Trek The Next Generation meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

The Scoobies and the crew of the Enterprise-E battle Evil in an epic rollercoaster ride of action and intrigue! In a journey that takes us to new worlds and dark stations, can Buffy and Co. help Picard's crew save the universe from one of his own?

"Just call me Babe Ruth," Buffy said coming down from the field.
    "Okay," said Xander. "Only shorter. And less with the fat and ugly."

"I have foreseen your fate and I shall bring such vengeance and wrath upon your worlds that your very souls will quake and tremble with drea–"
    "’Scuse me," Buffy cut in, "I’ve heard this crap a million times… Can we just skip to the part where you die?"
    "Oh, Slayer. …I will drag you to the depths of Hell myself and drown you in eternal torment–"
    "Hey!" Spike called. "You heard the lady – time to put up or shut up."

11. goofy

goofy Lieutenant

12. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

As far as recommendations concerning fan fiction is concerned, I would recommend reading Robert Simmons' Starship Exeter mini series located at the following web address.

http://fan1701.com/safeharborforum/index.php

Check it out. It's pretty cool stuff!

13. cathouse_joe

cathouse_joe Ensign

I love goofy's "Star Trek: New Worlds" site. There's some good stuff there.

14. Expo67

Expo67 Captain

15. ProfLover

ProfLover Cadet Newbie

Any recommendations for more fanfic along the lines of WhoaNellie's? (Which are great examples of that type of writing, though not a pairing I'm particularly fond of - I sympathize with not having the pairings you like being particularly popular).

I have a few I could recommend, but I know that they aren't acceptable for this site. If I just list the site and the title as well as that they are NC-17 would that be okay? (Sorry, I'm new and this is my first post; way to start off with a good impression;) )

16. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Hi, and welcome! :)

That should be okay (I'm sure a mod will say if it's not). Somebody linked me to a site with all kinds of adult-rated stories, and nobody had a fit.

I had thought of asking you to PM a list to me, but I see you don't have PM privileges yet.

I'm currently hunting old fanzines on eBay... interesting, seeing what some people are charging for some of the stories that are available for free online if people do a little detective work.

17. ProfLover

ProfLover Cadet Newbie

Thanks for the welcome Timewalker.

It would take me a while to make a more thorough list but for now I'd recommend (WARNING: NC 17) Five Senses by Witchsistah on fanfiction.net as one of the most well written 'romance' fanfics involving Data. This author has only written a few things as far as I can tell, but very high quality, especially for the topic.

18. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

As usual, I have to recommend www.adastrafanfic.com. There is writing of all different ratings and pairings there, and the writing quality tends to be quite high. If you sign up over there, it will allow you to send me an e-mail and I can find out more about your tastes and give you recommendations accordingly.

19. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Gotta admit, I'm really not into Data (or TNG, for that matter). I prefer TOS and Voyager stories, and clever/funny crossover stories.

20. kes7

kes7 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ad Astra has an author called LJC who writes wonderful TOS stories of the kind you're looking for.

VSAFaculty likes this.