100% laugh-free trailer for DISASTER MOVIE. Ugh.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Twilight, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's just annoying that shit like this gets made and that people enjoy it. That doesn't make sense, I agree, but that's the way I feel. I see these trailers and I just weep at the time, effort and money put into making this crap (which just erodes comedy and good parody as a whole) and it makes me weep for the inteligence of people who go to see this shit and laugh in it.

Also makes me upset that it's so damn hard to get a script sold, yet, here's total shit getting made.

2. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

It's nothing new, though. There have always been terrible movies that have done well.

It's not a sign of anything decaying. It's more of the same.

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder who the exec was for Lionsgate who had to write that description. I wonder if he did it with a straight face or not.

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

These movies stopped being funny after Scary Movie, which had 2 funny ones then a meh 3rd one and a improved 4th one. Since then this genre has sucked big time.

However saying that am not going to jump on my high horse and say this is causing the erosion of art and cluture cause that started happening long ago my friends.

5. Super Grover

Super Grover Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw SuperHero Movie, knowing what I was getting myself into. It was not a great movie, nor even a good movie, but I could tell their hearts were in the right place when they made it. They did manage to pull a coherent story together and it didn't feel like a bunch of scenes from other movies randomly strung together. I'll say the same thing about The Comebacks as well. They weren't Airplane! or the Naked Gun, but what is?

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Why can't we have something as good as those these days ?

7. Super Grover

I'll put Walk Hard the Dewey Cox story up there on the same level as Airplane! as far as spoof movies go.

Oh man, remember the first Hot Shots. That movie was comedy gold.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  8. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

That's it, I was planning on watching some DVDs today, I hadn't decided which, but this thread has helped me decided, Hot Shots! and Airplane! it is.

9. Super Grover

Glad to be of help. :techman:

Hell, I just thought of another, remember Jane Austen's Mafia? It was ok.

10. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Man i got more laughs from passing a kidney stone.

11. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not picking on you, so please don't take it that way, but I have another perspective and I'll throw this "food for thought" your way. I was browsing some of the other threads last night, and I see that you commented in the "Big Brother 10" thread and apparently watch and enjoy the show. I would venture to say that there are plenty of people who feel about BB the same way you feel about this movie.

Different strokes, different folks and all that. My point is, watch what you want to enjoy and don't worry about what other people see and you be much less annoyed. :)

12. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh shit, when he gingerly cooked that breakfast on her stomach I almost had an aneurysm laughing. It really does deserve to be up there with Airplane and Naked Gun.

Walk Hard was a pretty funny movie, though I did think they relied a bit too much on the "cox" jokes, even if the character and title name did basically beg for it. :)

13. Delsaber

Delsaber Commodore Commodore

I felt the need to post my own response. First time for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vG1QWLDaS8

These movies... I can't deal with them anymore. Too much for my head to handle. 'course, doesn't matter what I think, plenty of dumbass teenagers and drunk frats will still go see it anyway, thus bankrolling another dozen of 'em. Mark your calenders, folks: Noir Movie hits theaters in August 2013! That is, if the Mayan apocalypse doesn't happen. Let's pray that it does.

14. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Now that was funny. :lol: I'd rather watch this video in a 24-hour repetition than go see that 'movie'.

15. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

#1 at the box office.

16. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

To be honest, I think this might be the first time one of these movies doesn't earn a lot. I was at a packed showing of The Dark Knight, 500 people in the cinema, and not 1 laugh. Usually there's a load of laughs, even if I don't understand what's funny about it, but not this time.

17. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Another one of these damn movies?...

19. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I don't think Superhero Movie was done by the same people as the others.

20. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The guy who wrote and directed Superhero Movie also wrote Scary Movie 3 and Scary Movie 4.

Here.