Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Terrific episode. I'm so-so on Barry but I did like the nod to the chemicals and the lightening storm too. Someone on another board posted that when Roy talked about his own team, he wondered if that was supposed to be a nod towards The Teen Titans. Brother Blood is supposed to be a Teen Titans villain, right?

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Smoakin' Hot! Yeah, the actor playing Barry certainly looked like he could be John Wesley Ship's son. Great episode, about half way through when Barry makes his speach about searching out other "unbelievable cases" I half expected a cross over scene with Agents of Shield, lol.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

That is correct.

4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Grant Gustin played a youthful and inquisitive Barry Allen, and the actor reminded me a lot of Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker persona. Must be the hairstyle.

Brother Blood, STAR Labs, Professor Ivo, Cyrus (Gold), Barry Allen. The series is looking more and more like the DCU. :)

5. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would be in line with the origin Geoff Johns gave Barry during Flash Rebirth. Personally, I was not happy to see it incorporated, as before, the Flashes were the antithesis of the brooding/"my parents are dead" characterization. Barry's parents were alive up until about 5 years ago when Johns added the retcon about Zoom going back in time to kill his mother.

It's not just you and it's not just the glasses (though they don't hurt), I think it's also having her hair pulled back. That whole look really works for me.

6. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^ I dont think Barry would be considered brooding as we saw him portrayed in this episode, merely inquisitive and driven. I really did not feel any "darkness' around the character at all.
    Still I agree in the comics this was not needed even though Zooms of one sort or another killed his mother and Iris(yes I know not really but it seemed that way at the time)

7. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That was awesome. Loved the fight choreography, I thought Barry was really cool. I liked how the island story and the present-day story meshed together. I liked having Moira out of prison as well and interacting with the various cast. Surely it was a bit sloppy of Malcolm to let slip where he's been, and is Ra's Al Ghul really that easy to contact, or did Moira have some special avenues of communication?

8. sojourner

Oh yeah, almost forgot that part. Moira is one bad mutha. Don't mess with her.

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, she is a future Borg Queen...

10. sojourner

Just had a thought. Barry's story about his mother's death implies that Professor Zoom may be responsible. To take that further, does that also imply time travel?

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

(New 52 bridge from Flashpoint.)

Professor Zoom didn't kill Barry's mother.

It was just an ordinary burglar.

But Barry f####d over time by saving her.

Zoom was just immune to the changes to the timeline because of his connection to the speed force, and he laughed, oh how he laughed to see that the great and wonderful Flash destroyed the world so much just because he needed his mommy.

What Zoom did later on was trying his hardest to stop Barry from reversing his mistake, so that the Flash would be remembered as the worst asshole villain ever.

:)

Not sure what happened in all the older "renditions" of the DCU, I grew up with Wally, but in the "arrowverse" young Barry encountered a blur that used wind to throw him across the neighbourhood... Time travel was most certainly implied that he himself was there or a villain was trying to kill the Flash before he became the Flash.

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

It wasn't Professor Zoom; it was The Blur. Barry even said so.

And the guy throwing steel doors? Also The Blur. That Gold guy is just a red herring.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Clumsy.

Why doesn't he just call himself a Gold Herring?

14. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Really? Are you entirely sure about that?
    [​IMG]

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed the episode. My only familiarity with Flash comes from the TV shows and DCAU movies, but I like the version we got in this episode. I'm glad to see them incorporating superpowers into show.
    Did they use the same mispronunciation of Ra's al Ghoul that they used in the Nolan Batman movies?

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ If you're referring to "Ra's" vs. "Raysh" then my understanding is that they're both correct.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't know that. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the Ra's was wrong, and that Christopher Nolan knew that and didn't care. Pretty much everything I've seen with the character other than this and Nolan movies pronounced it Raysh.

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

This says "Raysh" isn't quite correct.

19. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's a name. It's pronounced however the guy pronounces it.

Fuckin butthurt comic book nerds getting all bent out of shape about nothing.

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

And no matter how simple the name is, there's always going to be a Lando in the group.