1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see why he'd do that. That's not the way the Aegis operate. When they set their sights on a world they train people FROM that world to do their work there. Isn't that the point?

2. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

We only have Gary's word on it, and obviously he would lie.

Timo Saloniemi

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Where'd this come from?

:)

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

This term for Seven's mysterious sponsors was introduced in a STAR TREK comic book many years ago, and has since been picked up by those of us writing the novels.

To be more specific, Howard Weinstein originally coined the name way back when, in a DC comic, and I borrowed it when I wrote my Gary Seven novels. I believe subsequent Trek writers have used it as well.

5. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Would "Gary 7" work as a series today, I wonder ... ?

6. trekshark

trekshark Captain Captain

maybe like Mal Reynolds from Firefly something happened that caused him to get his nerves in that area moved

7. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I could easily see it being on The CW. Fit in with shows like The Arrow.

:)

8. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

...but would he be more "Jason Bourne -ey" or "Green Lantern -ey" or "hep, cool cat dialogue-heavy -ey?"

9. alpha_leonis

alpha_leonis Captain Captain

Random trivia: I've heard that the producers were making plans for a season 4 (just in case they managed to pull off a miracle and get renewed again -- not likely but it was smart to plan ahead.) If that had happened, one of their proposed scripts for season 4 would have brought back William Campbell as Koloth.

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

More trivia: It's probably worth remembering that Riley's two appearances were essentially an accident. The character in "Conscience" was not written as Riley, but when Bruce Hyde was cast in the part, somebody remembered that he'd played "Riley" before so they changed the name in the script.

In other words, Riley was never intended to be a recurring character. It just worked out that way.

11. albion432

albion432 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Good points all around. Here's another trivia: despite the fact Riley's two appearances were not "intended to be a recurring character. It just worked out that way", originally the producers were interested in Bruce Hyde as a regular actor on the series, like George Takei, but Bruce turned them down because he didn't think the series would last.