WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CTM, May 12, 2009.

1. CTM

CTM Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

that's because I haven't put them in yet. :lol:

2. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That would explain it. So I can't move in yet... :)

3. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

You're insane, CTM. ... In a good way, mind you. But insane nonetheless. :D

deg

4. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. That's terrific and terrifying all at once!!
    Make sure you create backups CTM! You don't want to lose all that hard work. ;)

Now as a gamer I would like to think that files of this sort might be applied to some sort of game engine as a installable mod. I've always wanted to walk around ALL the corridors of the Enterprise and just go exploring and have no part of the ship cut off to me. Perhaps some of you have played the Simon and Schuster Interactive Technical Manual... or Voyager's Elite Force expansion? Both of them have free tour mods which are enjoyable in their own right, but to have every deck, every room, every crawlspace available for exploration. Well, that's as close as we're going to get to being aboard a Starfleet vessel.

5. CTM

Well, every time I work on it, I check in the changes to my SVN repository (I am a programmer by profession, I use the tools at my disposal), and I have all of it stored on a RAID5 storage drive. Periodically, I back up my entire repository to DVD (or multiple DVD's if necessary - it isn't yet).

6. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Is anyone else having a problem saving pictures that are in .gif format, for example G-deck in post #193? When I save it all I get is a blank gif file. Has anyone got a workaround to this? Screen capture also won't work since the image is too big to view all of it without scrolling.

7. CTM

Well, for one, I didn't post any .gif pictures. Everything is either .jpg or .png (the new system makes screen-caps easier for me, but change file format).

8. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Could you Imagine tackling a Galaxy Class starship?!
    How bout it CTM? Are you game? I'd even help out. Maybe 46 decks is a little much for one person.

9. CTM

let me finish this project before I move onto the next one. I'm actually working on some stuff for a Loknar (FASA) re-work for an RPG group, and would probably build that, then Excelsior, then I might be open to a Galaxy Class. Truthfully though, the Galaxies are just too darned big. It doesn't sound like a fun project, it sounds like a tedious project.

10. Disillusioned

Disillusioned Commander

[nerd]Actually it's 42 decks.[/nerd] ;)

11. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I think as you.
    I was actualy wondering if you would go aver the Excelsior.
    To me Galaxy is nothing more two ships in one. I would love to chart out it's EPS system, ODN relays and Jefferies tubes. The floor plan would be just the begining.

Oh that's right 42, thanks.

12. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

13. JJohnson

Not to derail the thread from the NCC-1701, but I would love to see a Galaxy-class build-up, deck-by-deck. That's the ship I grew up with, and if there were a 3-d walkthrough of it, that would make my year.

Back to the 1701 - how's F-deck coming along there?

14. CTM

F-deck? F-deck? I haven't even finished G-deck yet! My paying job keeps getting in the way.

15. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

Tell me about it....
    That's why I took off Friday to have a 4 day weekend to design a new Stargate ship.

16. ironscythe

ironscythe Cadet Newbie

I just wanna say, after reading all 11 pages of this thread, I LOVE YOU GUYS. CTM, you're doing god's work (but what does he need with a starship?)

17. CTM

Why the same thing he needs with a cracked pot like me ;).

Now, if only he would help my Hokies win tonight's game... :scream:

18. CTM

I built the quarters on the outer ring of G-deck tonight. Still have the Rec Deck, lower deck of Impluse Engineering, the neck interface, and the Transporter Rooms/Sick Bay/Laboratories to build.
    [​IMG]
    The void space is where the hull goes concave on the underside of the saucer.

19. JJohnson

Very nice! I like it! As for the two turbolift shafts hanging out there - those are just for neck passthrough, right? And the three hallways that deadend in the center portion - are those to the outer hull access, or something else? And the extra hallway? And the four areas around the saucer's edge - are those lounges?

Likely simple questions, but I'm just having a hard time placing those bits in the grand scheme of the ship. You're doing great work on the ship.

20. CTM

Turbolifts hanging in space - yes, in the neck pass-through. Actually in Impulse Engineering.

Hallways extending from the core outward connect to storage and "equipment spaces" where the floor-to-ceiling height is below standard.

The "extra" hallway would run from the back of Sick-bay to one side of the Rec Deck. It is so positioned on the 2-d plans, but will not fit (it would extend through the concave portion of the saucer underside). In my wire-frame it is in red - indicating to me that I need to see about rerouting that.

The four areas around the outer edge are RCS thrusters, fuel, and equipment areas. There will be windows in the corridors between them, but I have not yet put them in.