MLP:FiM S3 Episode 6 - "Sleepless in Ponyville" Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Amaris, Dec 7, 2012.

?

Grade & Discuss

1. A

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. B

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. C

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 6 - "Sleepless in Ponyville" Grading & Discussi

Although technically a misleading title, since it didn't take place in Ponyville :lol:

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved it. Luna the Dreamwalker, Rainbow Dash taking Scootaloo under her wing, "99 bottles of oats on the wall" Sweetie Belle, who promptly crashes to sleep, so many fun little moments. Awesome! I easily give it an "A". :D

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Just a pity the episode had to marred after all this time waiting for Rainbow Dash to become mentor to Scootaloo that Rarity had to treat Sweetie Belle worse than ever.

But....

http://derpibooru.org/176733

4. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Scootamagoo?

They haven't done much with Rarity this season besides make her a stuck-up so-and-so to be laughed at. Far more so than previous seasons.

Can't say I'm happy about it. [​IMG]

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

http://derpibooru.org/176733

Since it got skipped, seriously, d'awww of all three seasons right there.

Yeah Rarity wasn't pleasant but the outfit, the inflatible castle, all great moments. :lol:

And the crocodile thing is right out of the original Pitfall, for those who have played it, that's oldschool gaming. Coincidentally in a Luna episode....

6. Amaris

Oh, Rarity was in fine form for me. Her idea of "roughing it" tickled me, and of course poor little Sweetie Belle, who puts up with her sister's high maintenance so she can spend time with her. In Rarity's defense, she did do it for Sweetie Belle, and it's obvious she loves her little sister, so I cut her some slack on that one.

Another great moment was when I saw that first glimpse of Luna, I started yelling "Don't tease me like that!" at the screen, and sure enough, scant minutes later, lots of Luna! Dreamwalker Luna! YES! Be still my heart!

7. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

@Chem: There's so much Scootalove and Luna love on derpibooru today. It's crazy. Reminds me of the levels of fan activity we used to see after new episodes in season 2. It's nice.

8. Amaris

I love it when the community is positive, especially after a more positive episode like this one. More warm feelings is good. I'll take as much as anyone will give, thanks, but don't worry, I give just as much in return! :D

9. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Not gonna lie. That moment brought a tear to my eye.

10. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Can you guys believe I only got to see the episode just now? I even totally forgot about it and I didn't even realise it was the Scootaloo one.
    I got stuck for hours in a party meeting today which started much later than intended due to technical difficulties and then lasted much longer than I had anticipated. A woman sitting nearby had a Rainbow Dash sticker on her laptop which made me think of how I could be watching ponies instead from time to time.

Now, back on topic: D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :D :D

I loved the episode. So much Scootaloo, and Luna as a dream mentor. That was very cool. Even though the stories themselves weren't that scary I think they did a very good job of making the nightmares weird, intense and kind of creepy.
    Sleeping Scoots unwittingly escaping death so many times on her scooter was a riot.
    The CMC were cute as ever and I also liked Rarity a lot in this one. As someone who also dislikes camping but ends up doing it at least once a year for various reasons I appreciated her doing it with style.
    The rainbow falls at the end were awesome, too.

Yeah, that was so unbelieveably cute and sweet.

11. TrekAlliance92

TrekAlliance92 Captain Captain

The season keeps on bringing good to excellent episodes, and "Sleepless in Ponyville" is no exception.

There's lots of great animation in this episode, especially from Scootaloo in her reactions to the events. And, of course, Sweetie Belle's huge sad eyes. :P

Rarity was in great form, as she's really been all season, with some great lines, gags, and reactions throughout. (And, a nice little amusing touch was Sweetie Belle still smiling while carrying/pulling her luggage.)

I noticed in one scene the music from the Sonic Rainboom training scene was used, and then minutes later, that event was referenced. (Speaking of, anyone notice the clucking-chicken sound effect when Scoot crashed one time?)

Rainbow Dash was funny in this episode too, with her snoring (her being the Headless Horses' whinny was great!) Her impression of Rarity was also great.

Maddy Peters did a wonderful job with a ton of lines and reactions for Scootaloo. It was nice to see an episode with her, and it didn't even focus on the cutie mark angle.

Luna was a complete and wonderful surprise for me. Her role was great in this one, even if it wasn't as outright hilarious as "Luna Eclipsed." Her sensing nightmares and going into to them fits well with her role, and is an interesting expansion of the mythos.

I can't ignore Sweetie Belle's hilariously random bad singing of "Buckets of Oats" and Scoot's hilarious head-bobbing.

I liked the ending, which was positive and upbeat. This was a solid and enjoyable episode. It wasn't as epic as "Magic Duel" or hilarious as "Too Many Pinkie Pies," but still good nonetheless.

I give it a solid B.

12. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.

Not going to lie, I was more excited by the new Luna character-building than the Scootalove. When I saw that first glimpse of Luna in the woods in the dream, I thought "well, at least we're getting a shoutout", but then she actually showed up and had something to do! :techman: :beer: (we need some smileys doing dances or something).

Wasn't too crazy about One Bad Apple, but the rest of the season has been pretty darn good. Wonder when we'll get some info on th supposed movie?