*Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cassy4, Jun 28, 2009.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I'm no expert, either, but it looks like Archaia has the plant and machinery to publish/produce the physical comics and BTD is lining up the writers/artists and overseeing the development of a line (or lines) of comics reflecting their creative vision (and possibly bearing their brand/stamp/label.) The financial aspects aren't really addressed in the article, but I'd imagine that BTD would have to be kicking some of their own funds in, and that BTD and Archaia both stand to benefit from the arrangement if these comics are successful.

More about Archaia

I don't see anything yet about the partnership on their News Page, but it was only announced this morning.

Edit:

Heh. Look under 'Likes and Interests' on Archaia's Facebook page.

Edit, some more:

From a link posted on Archaia's FB wall by Before The Door Pictures:

http://www.beforethedoor.com/2010/07/before-the-door-and-archaia-bring-lucid-to-comic-con.html

EditEditEdit:

Even if, as I only realized hours later, that the partnership announcement referred to in that link was made at last year's San Diego Comic-Con. [​IMG] What happened this year is that they're presenting the first completed product of that partnership.

I need to stop trying to do too many things at once.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just spotted this on LJ, I think maybe this is why ZQ decided to cut his hair, someone clearly told him that the hair band was a step too far. :lol:

This was taken earlier in the month at a get together of the cast and crew of Angels in America.

[​IMG]

More pics over at the website for the production.

Yeah that makes sense even to someone dim like me. Thanks! :)

3. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^^

*oogles picture*

Ummm.... if he were a little older and perhaps John Hurt in "Even cowgirls get the blues" I would say yes to the headband.

4. Etched

^Have you noticed that his sweat shirt is inside out too? At first I thought it was one of those that is made to look like its inside out but if you look at the other pictures you can see the labels. :lol:

5. Wynterhawk

^^
    Noooo, I hadn't noticed *giggles*. Does he get dressed in the dark? Hastily? Trying to stretch out laundry day? hee hee

6. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

A headband? He is so weird. I love it.

But I'm still pouty about the haircut.

7. Wynterhawk

Ohhh, I'd for a moment forgotten about the haircut! *weeps*

8. Nerd unRage

Nerd unRage Commander Red Shirt

Thankfully hair grows back so all will be well soon.

9. Wynterhawk

^^ So very true. But, while it's growing back, let's have this!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tribbles

^ That definitely made me stop pouting for a few minutes. :) I like the whole set of photos of Chris and Zachary that includes the last picture.

11. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know that being in Heroes helped him get the Spock role but I bet he's happy that that show ended. Now he can concentrate on just movies.

12. Etched

It looks like theatre is his focus rather than movies, for the time being anyway.

The run for Angels in America has been extended a further 6 weeks through till the end of January and is likely to be extended further still - of course ZQ may not do the full run but I guess he'll be tied up with it until the end of the original run at Christmas at least.

13. tribble_threat

tribble_threat Ensign Newbie

New here, but definitely not new to the love of all that is ZQ ;3

14. Wynterhawk

Aww, don't pout *pets you*

15. Roberta Lincoln

Roberta Lincoln Commander Red Shirt

Yep, ZQ is good looking, too! (I was just over in the Chris Pine appreciation thread.)

16. Tribbles

:) Hi, Roberta... the nuTrek guys are a handsome group of men, no doubt!

Did you all see the leaked Paramount memo? It didn't say anything we don't really know, but it did confirm that writing on Star Trek should start next year (and I should certainly hope so if the summer 2012 release is still in play).

Here's a link to the memo along with some cynical commentary: http://gawker.com/5615897/leaked-paramount-memo-shows-that-all-the-movies-coming-out-will-be-bad

brb, lol'ing at 7 Minutes in Heaven. Oh, JJ...

17. Etched

Signature have been putting up pics from the rehearsals for Angels in America over on their site there's a few more there if you're interested. I've got to be honest I'm still having trouble seeing Zach as Louis, would have liked to have seen how he plays it but sadly I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. omgahitsbritt08

omgahitsbritt08 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hmm...there is this link on youtube. It might interest this thread. "The best of Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto" Let me tell you from a fangirl to another it was sooooooooo awesome!!! I mean it. I squealed so many times. And I was awwwwwwwwwing the whole time I was watching. So cute!!

19. Etched

Me again. It's pretty dead in here I know but if anyone is interested they have released some production pictures from Angels in America:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And several more here

No official reviews yet because they are still in previews though the few comments I've seen seem very positive. Kinda sad I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic, would have liked to see this regardless of who was in the cast.

20. Wynterhawk

Oh my how very Gabriel/Sylar he looks there. I knew it was you Etched, when I saw this thread pop up on the first page and I said "yay! It's Etched!" :D Thanks for the shots!