Voyager vs. Enterprise-D (extenuating circumstances)

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Captain McBain, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

How would the souped-up Enterprise-D from "All Good Things" (the one which easily tore through two Klingon ships) fare against the Voyager from "Endgame" (with Borg shielding)?

2. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No offence meant but is there any point to these sorts of questions?

Any answer is so arbitrary as to be virtually worthless - which completely fictional starship would win a completely fictional encounter?

Toss a coin...

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about the USS Stargazer with Narada's Romulan/Borg upgrades vs. one of those little Starfleet fighter ships from DS9 with a 2/3 powered up Gary Mitchell on board.

In a nebula.

Oh, and all the green buttons on the Stargazer aren't working. But the blue ones are okay. And the lighting's flickering Aliens-style, giving a few crewmen seizures.

But Gary has a bad case of carpal tunnel, which his godpowers can't heal.

4. Captain McBain

Makes for interesting discussion. A lot more interesting than "What's your favorite episode?"

You asked this question in the past: what do you think might happen if you were to beam a person through a transporter system at molecular-resolution as opposed to quantum-resolution?

would it kill them? or would they come out the other end but have lost their conciousness or self-awareness? would they merely be a copy and not the 'original article' in the way that star trek transporter systems appear to work?

This is nothing but speculation about a fictional transporter system in the Star Trek universe. So, why is it okay for you to ask this question, but not for me to ask about two starships battling?

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which one has time to prepare?

6. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It just is.

Just have to put it down to the mysteries of the internet I suppose...

7. Xerxes1979

Xerxes1979 Captain Captain

Voyager would unfortunately win. The assault phaser would demolish the smaller ship with or without its fancy armor but an Intrepid class would be easily able to stay out of the small cone of fire that weapon had unless it was trying to escape or was fired on first.

The battle would hinge on Janeway's future tech torpedoes which seemingly cut through defenses like a hot knife through butter.

If not for the torpedoes the Galaxy would win. It has superior phaser power, endurance, a cloak and would chase down the smaller ship with its warp 13 speed.

8. Captain McBain

I wonder if those photons from Voyager would one-shot the Enterprise like they did with the Borg Cubes.

9. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Would Voyager also have a third nacelle duct tape to her hull?

And given the time period of the future segment of All Good Things, would not all Starfleet vessels (including the Enterprise D) have the Voyager's batmobile armor as standard equipment?

In which case the Enterprise D would completely destroy the Voyager, owing to it larger size, larger power supply and larger number of weapons.

:)

10. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Plus they would have more info on how they all work seeing as they would be from their time period which means possible defenses against the torpedoes, possible ways to get past the armor, and likely possible additional future weapons Admiral Janeway might have though weren't necessary or that easy to make in the 2370s.

11. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

Batman. Obviously.

12. T'Girl

(whispers dramatically) "I'm Batman."

13. Captain McBain

Man, I hate it when people write irrelevant posts.

14. T'Girl

^ Well, my posting (number nine) was an attempt to provide a straight forward response to the OP. The Enterprise D is a superior ship to start with, add the "batmobile armor" to both ships and you essentially change nothing.

Whatever technology the Voyager brought back to Earth at the end of season seven would be distributed to the entire fleet. Remember, Admiral Janeway didn't bring actual physical armor from the future, she brought back information on how to produce it. The same with the weapons, nothing to reverse engineer, the information still existed.

Now add the third nacelle to the Enterprise D (which we saw in AGT) and you increase the ship's existing attributes. The OP did not stipulate a similar improvement to the Voyager, which puts the Voyager even farther behind the Enterprise D in terms of abilities.

:)

15. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy Captain Captain

Angry Fanboy

I'M SPARTACUS!!! :lol:

16. Captain McBain

I appreciate it. I wasn't referring to your usage of the term 'Batmobile armor,' but the comments about Batman (and Spartacus) were irrelevant.

17. The Wormhole

What's so irrelevant? Everyone knows Batman can win any fight provided he has time to prepare. Actually being involved with the fight is not a requirement.

By the same logic, Chuck Norris has kicked the asses of both the Enterprise, Voyager, and Batman. And that's just his morning stretches before he gets out of bed.

18. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't you know? Chuck Norris is the prime Q.

19. The Wormhole

Only on weekends, and even then only the slow ones where he has nothing else going on.

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Angry Fanboy

THIS

IS

SPARTA!!!!!

Gerard Butler and his 300 float up in space suits and kill everybody.