POSTHUMAN - T'Baio's Sci-Fi Web Series!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by T'Baio, Jul 14, 2012.

1. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Hi All!

I recently was able to secure an exclusive distribution deal for my sci-fi web series, "Posthuman," and we premiered last night on www.sfntv.com. We produced a brand new premiere episode, and I would love it if everyone who was inclined and had the time, if you would check it out and let me know what you think. If you like it, please keep following our new episodes every Friday night at 6pmPST/9PMEST, and if you don't like it...well, let me know why!

I'd love for people to offer thoughts...not just for this episode, but all the ones to follow. All your constructive criticism just makes us better at what we do. :)

Please see the premiere, and all the following episodes, at this link. I'd really appreciate the 10 minutes of your time.

Posthuman on The SFN

I look forward to reading any and all of your comments!

Cheers,
    :)

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to watching it.

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

ROCK ON! I will definitely be checking this out and will retweet to everyone on FB and Twitter as well. And of course, congratulations!

4. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Awesome, man! I''l be watching.

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Congratulations, T'Baio! I'll make sure to watch. :D

6. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Thanks, Guys! :D

doubleohfive, if you don't mind, PM or FB me your twitter name. I can't seem to find you for some reason. Thanks! :)

7. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Just my first initial and my last name. Will message you directly there.

8. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Thanks, doubleohfive! You've always been a supporter, and I'm incredibly thankful!

Anymore thoughts from anyone? :)

9. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

I just watched episode 1.01 and I enjoyed it. Nice dark atmosphere with a future-gone-terribly-wrong feel. My only complaints would be that the scene of Karen Lewis going crazy on the public transportation went on a lot longer than I thought was needed, and that pausing the video to read the news article about her ("Reporter Thought Dead and Desiccated Sighted Again!") filled me in on quite a bit of what was going on which I suspect a lot of people will miss. Still, I look forward to future episodes, because this has me intrigued.

10. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the support, Argus! :)

The subway scene has been a point of contention for some people saying it goes on too long. Though others have said that scene is their favourite part of the episode! It's definitely been a learning experience, the different opinions we've gotten on that scene, though. Thanks for your thoughts.

As for having to pause to read the article, that's actually what I was hoping people would do...in an attempt to get people more engaged. Again, that's a little experiment. Perhaps it's working, perhaps most won't bother. It's another learning experience.

Glad, you're intrigued. :) I hope you enjoy the next episode Friday night, 6pmPST/9pm EST. Cheers!

11. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Good evening, fellow BBS'ers!

Our second episode premiered tonight! It'd be great if you checked it out and let me know what you thought!

Episode 1.02 - "Promises Reckoned"

Cheers! :)

12. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

13. Argus Skyhawk

I was not as interested in the second episode last week, as not as much seemed to happen in it, but I rewatched it this morning before watching the third one, and found there is more going on in that bar conversation than I noticed at first. The third one really picks up and I find myself liking Gina and Porter quite a bit. C'mon everyone else! Check out the show!

I want to add that for what appears to be a low budget project, the writing and acting feel very smooth and natural. You guys are doing a good job. T'Baio, I'm curious about what your involvement is. Are you the writer? Producer? Creator? One of the actors? Several of the above?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  14. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the thoughts, Argus! I'm really glad you're liking it, and especially glad you gave it a second chance! :D

I am the creator of the show...writer, cinematographer, editor, executive producer and director. Which is why I'm so glad you're enjoying it! :lol:

Cheers!

Edited to add: Thanks for your compliments on the acting. I think I'm blessed to work with the actors I have. They're incredibly talented and very dedicated to this project, and we're all very collaborative, and they bring so much to the project. You're right, being such a low budget (no budget!) production, it's the amazing acting that sells it all. I can't thank them enough.

15. Argus Skyhawk

It seems like you are putting a lot of work and effort into this, and you are doing well. I hope more people find this series and start following it.

I'm curious, does this series have a predetermined length? If it is popular, will it continue indefinitely or will it build to a conclusion?

16. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

We have fourteen episodes written, which are mostly produced. I conceived of that as a "first season," though the distributors are wanting to break it into two seasons of seven episodes each, with a break in between. So that's how it may play out. But there is a predetermined story arc that comes to "sort of" conclusion at the fourteenth episode.

However, we are always discussing ideas for the "2nd" season, and we definitely have a direction to go in if there is interest.

So let's hope there's interest...unlike here! :lol: *shrug*

17. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

And four is now up and live!

"Episode 1.04 - Promises"

Any thoughts? On, perhaps...where on the board I could put this thread to get more responses? :)

18. Argus Skyhawk

Alright. Suspense is building, and the atmosphere is nice and dark. Things are picking up. I like it.

C'mon, guys! The episodes are only a few minutes each. Check them out.

19. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

20. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally just watched episode one and congratulations T'Biao , this is really good indeed. It explores material that I've flirted with in my own projects to some degree over the years. I like the kind of retro-futuristic almost film noir tone of the series, the score is terrific. I have no problem with the length of the character's breakdown in the subway. I felt that was an extremely poignant part of the episode. Almost reminded me of Professor Yana's recollection of being the Master from "Doctor Who" (which I just watched prior to seeing this LOL). I look forward to seeing more.