Is Cumberbatch playing Colonel Green?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Kane_Steel, Dec 6, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Maybe he's the redshirt played by The Most Interesting Man in the World?

The shields aren't for keeping enemy weapons out. They're for keeping him in.

2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

That was my point. People are saying, "It's Khan!" "It's Gary Mitchell!" "It's Garth of Izar!" And now someone's saying, "It's Colonel Green!"...based on the actions of those characters in their respective appearances from a 45 year old TV show (and in the latter's case, also a fairly short clip from a show that barely anyone watched), and flimsily comparing that to a few voiceovers and scenes from the new trailer.

I never said or implied anything of the sort.

3. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Yep. The new trailer has Khan written ALL over it, esp the Japanese version with the "wall touch" scene.

"Super" man villain? Check.

Return for vengence theme? Check.

Significant death in the cast? Certainly SOMEONE dies, and it's someone Uhura has feelings for...someone with pointy ears? :D

4. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

Maybe the London skyline in it provides a clue, and matches up with the accent.

5. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually I was responding to the following post:

Originally right above my first post on this topic. I should have quoted it to my post. I'll edit and add it now to hopefully prevent further misunderstanding.

It may be Khan, it may not be. The jury is still out. We'll see...

6. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think it's the London skyline. It'll be San Francisco. They just nicked the Gherkin shaped building, because it's a suitably 23rd Century looking design. Obviously Brits (well Londoners mostly) will look at the poster & online campaign, and find it familar.. which doesn't exactly hurt and like Cumberbatch's casting... ensures the film is better received internationally.

I'll be very surprised if he's playing Khan incidentally. Again, it doesn't hurt I suppose.

7. Bad Atom

Bad Atom Commodore Commodore

I'd be thrilled if he was playing Lazarus. Minus the crazy beard of course. Would be a chance to tell that story right...

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Twin actresses identified as "Sexy Girl" 1 & 2. Could be clones. Or androids. Cumby could be Norman, Harry Mudd's spy on the Enterprise. Or Dr. Roger Korby. Peter Weller hints his character has his own ship, which also introduces the question if his part is original or a reboot.

9. Harbinger

Harbinger Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I hope I'm not too late for this, but supposedly the villain might have been revealed.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/07/09/star-trek-2-villain-revealed/

If that's true, then speculation on a lot of people's part was right.

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't believe it.

11. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Haven't you heard? Cumberbatch is playing Shinzon.

12. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I cannot remember, did he ever publicly recant that statement? IIRC, another recanted for him, covering for him saying Urban was tired from a flight, or was that Urban doing the recanting?

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ooooooh this is from JULY.

Well pfft.

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, it's because of that comment that the Gary Mitchell rumour even began. Bad Robot has since tried to debunk it with vague comments like "he misspoke one word." And so on.

Anyhoo, I have to admit after re-watching the trailer, I have to admit there's something about the way Cumberbatch talks that makes me think "Khan."

15. Aeronef

Aeronef Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Please. Listen to the accent. Look at the scale of the destruction. He's obviously Trelane.

16. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

All the known attributes of the character would match up with Khan.

Cumberbatch's appearance is not a "deal killer", as his version of Khan could be Indo-Aryan, who appear more European than the Sikhs or other ethnic subgroups do (in fact, it is in India that we find the root of the "Aryan" ethnicity that was mutated into a more Nordic form by the Nazis).

17. Blue_Trek

Blue_Trek Captain Captain

At this late date why does IMBd still say Khan, if he isn't Khan this is ridiculous, it should be known what the name of the villain is, this close to release.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Just curious, Blue Trek, is that Mara Jade in your avatar or another character? I saw the red hair and lightsabers and had to ask.

19. Blue_Trek

Blue_Trek Captain Captain

Summer Glau as the daughter of Luke and Mara Jade :drool:

20. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It says "Khan (Rumored.)"