Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He gets sponshorship money and part of the profit from the toy sales. One can't just live on a crabber's salary.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They wouldn't use Chloe just based on her being so closely associated with Smallville.

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Then why are they using the Whitney character from Smallville? Because he was just in the first season and not all 10?

4. sojourner

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

A female Jimmy Olsen is a very peculiar choice. Will Jenna get into bitchfights with Lois because they both fell in love with Supergoof? Will they turn the bromance between Clark and Jimmy into a romance?

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Guess that's why they're using him. :)

any he was Lana's boyfriend in season 1.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

They frequently make movie tie-in toys which don't actually appear in the movie (assuming your tongue wasn't in your cheek with the question).

Of course, the Superman Lives script had some sort of vehicle for a depowered, back-from-the-dead Supes, as I recall.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What Superman character isn't closely associated with Smallville?

If they're worried about comparisons to Smallville they probably should have eschewed all the stuff we've seen in the previews with Pa and the farm.

9. sojourner

Ma and Pa Kent predate Smallville.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Tongue was most certainly in my cheek as I'm sue the toy is simply for that, a toys, and not to be something that's in the movie. But even as a toy it opens a lot of questions, most of them starting with "Why?" It's also hardly the first vehicle introduced for Superman in the toy line. But he's Superman he doesn't need a car or a powered flight suit!

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not a Smallville fan, but I'm pretty sure the only reason most people loved Chloe was because of the really cute actress playing her. ;)

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It's for the days when he's feeling flashy.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

That was certainly a large part of it, but throughout the series Chloe was always much more of the "Lois Lane" than even Lois was when she came along. To the point people actually were buying into the idea "Lois Lane" was Chloe's pen name (something she suggested using when wanting a job for the Planet, using the name of her cousin.)

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Chloe definitely had something that goes beyond cute girl looks. And now that you guys mention it, she should have been in this movie. She's part of the mythos now. Or at least they tried to make her a part of it. Maybe they should keep at it by including her in future Superman projects.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Two different things, of course.

Has she even appeared in a comic book? If not, why is anyone talking about her being in a movie?

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes. Chloe appeared in back up stories to Paul Cornell's Action Comics run prior to the relaunch. Think the plan was to eventually bring her into the main book, but of course the relaunch happened. Prior to this Kurt Busiek attempted to work her into his run but it never quite worked out.

17. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah. I wasn't reading Superman much for some years before nuDC.

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Indeed. I could never understand that myself. Ditto the various Spider-man toy cars and helicopters we see too - but it's even more so with Supes.

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still wouldn't take something from IMDB seriously. We know there has been fake stuff up there before.

20. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member