General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

CM Punk has claimed that he was fined $500k for the blading thing, although he didn't acknowledge it as such, nor was he being particularly serious. I find it highly unlikely that WWE would fine somebody that much for something as simple as nicking themselves with a piece of razor.

I mean $500k is probably around half of Punk's downside! If he was fined it would probably be less than the $2000 that WWE fines talent who are found with marijuana in their system following a drugs test.

Speaking of money, it turns out that Cameron (one of Brodus Clay's valets) tried bribing police officers as she was adamant that if WWE found out, she'd lose her job.

2. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

The fine thing was part of a series of joke tweets responding to allegations of blading.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Plus wasn't "$500 K" what Sheamus was "fined" by Johnny Ace? :)

4. Mr Silver

Of course,

I did point out that he wasn't being serious and was just messing with people. Still, I thought I'd analyse the ludicrousness of such a fine.

It could actually have been a rib on the creative team for the storyline involving Sheamus being fined $500k for giving a referee the Brogue Kick. $500k is like bail money for armed robbers, not wrestlers nicking their foreheads with razor blades.

Does anyone remember when Triple H offered $500k to anyone who took Goldberg out of action?

5. Admiral_Young

Yep. I just watched that program about a week or so ago on Youtube. LOL.

6. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't forget that Miz and R-Truth were only fined 250k each for beating the crap out of Scott Patterson.

7. Mr Silver

Which adds up to 500k, since as a tag team, they were effectively one unit.

It's becoming like 47 references in Star Trek!

8. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

^Look for a face to get fined an even million at some point in the near future for basically no reason what-so-ever. That seems to be the direction this is headed.

9. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

10. Admiral_Young

The Miz on commentary is fantastic...and that ending...

11. Mr Silver

^ I wish Miz could be on commentary every week, he's outstanding at colour!

Looks like WWE has convinced Heyman to stay and work with superstars other than Brock Lesnar. Heyman brings that edge to the table, but it seems irrelevant when John Cena is going to end up doing what he usually does - coming out on top and remaining the dominant focus of the WWE product. It might not happen at NOC - it shouldn't if WWE intends to treat Punk as Cena's equal in the feud - but at some point, Cena is going to become WWE Champion.

I love it when WWE is in Chicago, most of the people who regularly attend WWE events are your "no-shit" wrestling fan types who'll cheer for the wrestlers who have good matches and who know how to cut promos, regardless of their alignment. WWE used to hate this kind of stuff, but in recent years they've began to acknowledge it. Chicago crowds, in particular, seem to despise John Cena and this is reflected in the nuclear heat that follows any mention of his name. Sheamus also found out that there was no chance in hell that anybody was going to cheer his one dimensional, unfunny promo, especially when hometown hero, CM Punk was present.

12. Admiral_Young

Chicago is their best crowd. Oh...and after tonight...you guys will probably mock me...but I still haven't let go of my nWo hope ;) I absolutely couldn't get over how AWESOME Miz was on commentary. He's better than freakin' Cole, but that really doesn't surprise me. He's always been great on the mic.

13. Mr Silver

I can't see the nWo coming back, because it isn't an original creation of WWE, and you know how they've been about original creations in the last few years - FCW names, anyone?

I honestly believe that the only reason the nWo appeared back in 2002 was because Hogan, Nash and Hall all wanted to return to WWE, the opportunity was too good to pass up and most importantly, because they needed a way to bring in Hulk Hogan as a heel and they weren't going to turn The Rock at that stage. It kept going for a while afterwards because there was some initial interest in it and WWE was quite happy with what it was bringing in via merchandise sales.

If anything, I think the most likely stable of the past to make a return is the Four Horsemen, since Ric Flair looks set to return shortly in some kind of managerial role. There has been talk about pairing him with Dolph Ziggler. When I think about it, I could see Flair resurrecting the Horsemen (like Fortune, but the proper name, licensing and entrance music) with Dolph Ziggler and 3 other superstars that WWE wants to push, who need a legendary mouthpiece and the prestige of being a member of the Four Horsemen to their names.

14. Admiral_Young

I hear ya. I can't help it. You guys should know by now I am an unabashed nWo mark...I've been pushing for this the past year. This will obviously turn out to be something else, and something new (hopefully)...but the thought is still there! :) Regarding Heyman and Punk...I believe the two of them are friends or something like that or Punk requested working with him.

I agree with you regarding the 2002 edition. Oh and speaking of Ric Flair, Bischoff tweeted about him last night. Said he Ric called him and Ric was still funny. Eric didn't elaborate.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  15. Ghost Bones

Great Raw. Really enjoyed it. That has to be the best WWE TV main event for quite some time.

16. Admiral_Young

Agreed about the match. Cena still can't sell anything though. LOL. I think that was probably one of Del Rio's best matches in a while.

17. Admiral_Young

18. Ghost Bones

Just looks wrong. Like when Bobby Roode did it.

19. Mr Silver

^ Short hair is the new long hair for wrestling now. It's like all those guys who ditched the tights in favour of trunks as they became main eventers.

[​IMG]

Unless of course you are John Cena, in which case you start out by wearing trunks before switching to Jorts, and finally landing upon the "happy medium" of cargo shorts. (btw, his level of muscle mass in the first photo is grotesque)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  20. Ghost Bones

Bloody hell, look at Austin. Stunning Steve? Silly Steve more like.