Costumes, Anybody?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Davros, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe foofing it up and combing it down over your forehead would help?

3. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I went as the Master from "The Sound of Drums" for Halloween last year, which was easy enough: black suit and black tie! (No cape, alas.) With my laser screwdriver in one hand and jelly babies in the other, I had fun!

4. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This costume popped up on my twitter feed and I was impressed enough to want other people to look at it.

5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I saw them at the same show back in August! Very cool!

Ya could have worn a fez.

:lol:

Me & my friend Brian at a Halloween party last year (I'm the 9th Doctor, he's Captain Jack Harkness) -

[​IMG]

Me & my ex-girlfriend (we had just gotten together the night before this photo was taken) at a different party last Halloween (still 9th Doctor, she's Rose) -

[​IMG]

6. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am sincerely jealous that I did not think of dressing up as Vincent Van Gogh for Halloween. Very big props to the gentleman up there :)

Anyway, here's my photo. Fun fact: I don't personally know the person on the right! In Chicago I was watching a Halloween parade and she was marching in it. We're essentially two different people with the same costume on, in a city that doesn't quite know the source material. So of course, when I saw her marching down the parade, I had to signal her with my sonic screwdriver, and she did the same. She took our photo and was off again, before I could ask her her name. Also, the little green light under my face is my own sonic screwdriver -- I wish I had held it higher.

The kicker: Thanks to facebook, a mutual friend recognized me in her album. Small universe, eh? I found out her name, and her costume is great (though I may be biased).

My full costume will come later. Prepare for a whole lotta face!

[​IMG]

7. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

8. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's awesome.

9. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

A bit of group photo fun

Attached Files:

10. Cyke101

Here's my photo, but unfortunately it was taken by a camera phone instead of a proper camera. Still, I'm quite proud of the pants (Levi's jeans, with the pant legs folded up), and yes, I'm wearing suspenders under the coat.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Resized for space and shoes!

11. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

GREAT costumes people! I love them all!

Man, I wish I looked like a Doc. The closest I could probably come is Eccleston, though. I even have the same leather jacket. But, he has more hair... :lol:

12. Orcus

Orcus Captain Captain

I know the feeling: Troughton is the closest lookalike to me - though, with my hair (or lack of it), it's more likely David than Pat... :guffaw:

13. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's why I bought a Beatles wig for my Troughton costume.

14. The

^Ha! I thought that was your actual hair! :lol: :techman:

15. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Colin Baker absolutely despised though admits that it did have one redeeming feature - kept him (and Nicola Bryant) warm when filming in cold weather.

16. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

And your source for him saying he "absolutely despised" it? If he absolutely despised it, why would he have had a large one made to wear at conventions and stuff?

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

He pretty much says it in every interview. That at the time, he disliked it. (so perhaps despised might be much) And has said that a good thing was, he was on the inside of the coat looking out.

He probably got a coat made for conventions, just like Pertwee had velvet jackets all the time it seems. People want to see the Doctor in costume.

Or maybe, he likes to dress up like other fanboys.

18. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

At a convention in Adelaide South Australia about 5 years ago. He was there with Sylvster McCoy and Katy Manning.

Said the costume he would of liked was what "Christopher Bloody Eccleston" (which wasn't said with Malice btw) got of the black leather jacket.

There's probably a copy of the review I wrote of the event where I mentioned it still floating around the net.

19. Cyke101

^I would've loved to have seen Six in a black leather jacket. With that said, I always thought the blue version of his costume was rather spiffy.

20. The

Well, it's not leather, but you get the idea of what it might have looked like...

[​IMG]