Ridley Scott to helm ALIEN prequal???

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by miraclefan, Apr 30, 2009.

1. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

2. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Yep - read something about this last night.

What gives this even more credence is that Scott has been talking about this since he recorded the commentary for the first film, back just after 9/11. This is obviously something he has been considering for a long time and just hasn't given up on.

The idea of Ridley Scott doing one more pure science fiction film about a VERY alien alien just makes me feel all tingly inside.

3. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There have been rumours about this for some time now, and while I would love for them to pan out, I'll believe it when I see it.

Isn't Ridley supposedly working on a film version of The Forever War? I also heard rumours a while back about him doing a film adaptation of Brave New World. Any news on that? Were they just bogus claims?

4. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

This news/supposition makes me go all giddy. Part of me thinks it sounds amazing, part of me worries that it will disappoint. The reason I'm worried it will disappoint is not because I worry that Scott can't do the job; just that I sometimes enjoy the speculation and the opaqueness of stories more than I do revelations. I sometimes think revelations weaken premises. I'm thinking that the more I found out about the origin and nature of the Matrix, for example, the less I enjoyed it. But on the whole: yay to the the epic tagteam of Facehugger and Sir Ridley! :techman:

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It will never be made.

6. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Bah. I'm sick of prequels. They're lame and unimaginative.

7. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would love to see Scott do another sci-fi film, the two that he has made are 2 of my top 3 sci-fi movies of all time, and the other film that rounds out my top 3 is very very heavily influenced by Scott.

But I would rather see him do something original and new.

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I'd love it, but he's been talking about it for a decade, and he's already booked up until about the end of time, so I doubt it'll ever actually happen