Survivor 27: Blood vs Water

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JirinPanthosa, Aug 26, 2013.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Since even the fans of Big Brother are getting tired of this season of Big Brother, and it's better cast, better edited, more badass cousin Survivor is starting back up in three weeks, I thought I'd start the thread.

The cast isn't exactly what I heard it would be, here's what they're now saying it is:

Tyson + Girlfriend

His first season he was the asshole, but in Heroes vs Villians he was more likable up until the time he didn't split the vote for no good reason and then got voted out, so I'm glad to see him.

Tina + daughter

Once the winner once the first eliminated. I like her but don't see her lasting long. She was what, early 40s the first time she played? And even then she was bad at challenges. She's mid-50s now.

Kat + boyfriend HAYDEN FROM BIG BROTHER

I don't want to see either of these people damn it. She was one of the whiners and he was one of the self righteous a-holes.

Rupert + wife

Always fun to see Rupert though he's already played 3 times and might have been better to give somebody else their second chance.

Gervase + niece

It'll be weird to see him since he hasn't played since the first season. If he was part of any other season I think he would have had a shot, because in any season except the first the Tagi alliance wouldn't have gotten away with that. It'll be interesting to see how he adjusts to not having a physical game.

Colton + fiance

WHY?!!?!?!?!?! Next to Brandon the worst human being ever cast on Survivor and we have to see him again.

Aras + brother

Definitely liked him in his season.

Monica + husband

She's one of the ones who could have gotten farther if it weren't for ending up on the bad side of a tribe switch, so I'm happy to see her get a second chance.

Laura + daughter

Gotta admit, don't remember who she is.

Candice + husband

I don't remember her first appearance, kinda liked her in HvV. She's pretty likable but doesn't do much in the game.

2. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Rupert or his wife will be the first voted out unless their win some kind of awesome immunity. People don't want to go up against a popular Survivor like that.

3. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm looking forward to the season. I don't feel particularly strongly about any of the cast, thought I do think it will be interesting to see Gervase again after so long. Colton was an asshole but he did go out on an injury, so hopefully this time we will at least get to watch him be blindsided like a stuck-up fool. I never really liked or hated Hayden in Big Brother, he was just really boring, so I don't care that he's on Survivor now. He'll probably leave fairly quickly as one of the physical threats and because people may know he won BB.

4. JirinPanthosa

Physical threats go right after the merge. Only bullies and weak challenge competitors go early.

The thing I'm most looking forward to this season is the fact that post-merge alliances won't go along tribal lines.

5. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't hold high hopes that the Time Warner Cable and CBS feud will be over by then. Hopefully, they will bring back the Survivor app, I've watched episodes off my smart phone before.

6. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

That's not always true, and it highly depends on how the tribes are seperated anyway.

7. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

So is the theme that people are competing against their family members/loved ones? That seems kind of flawed. Wouldn't the family members from opposing tribes immediately team up with each other after the merge?

8. Darth Duck

Darth Duck Commodore Commodore

Colton sucks. He just sucks so hard. Make him go away quickly. But Gervase? Cool.

9. JirinPanthosa

I think that's the idea. Usually we get such predictable post merge games, one tribe just gets numbers and wipes out the other. Now there's no way to know what will happen after the merge.

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Yeah, that's a real downer. I don't know what the producers are thinking with that, since he's not even a "love to hate them" kind of player, he's just awful.

11. JirinPanthosa

So, what does everyone think so far?

I don't mind the format of returning players versus their family members, but I hate Redemption Island and I hate it when they start eliminating people before they have a chance to talk to each other.

12. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

yeah, I didn't like that early elimination. But it brings redemption island into play right away. I like the added dynamics of the loves ones.

still hate Colton though. His fiance seems like a decent guy.

13. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

So did Rupert's wife go home or what?

14. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

^Rupert's wife was voted off by her team, but Rupert was given the opportunity to take her place on Renemption Island (thinking he had a better chance) and she joined the team with the returning players. Don't see her lasting long there.

Ditto. He's a whiny, manipulative little prick who always seems to need to be the center of attention.

Gervase kind of screwed over his niece with his antics at the challenge. Considering how exhausted he was after the challenge (in which he was a burden to the rest of the team), I'm surprised he even had the energy to celebrate.

15. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know right? he acted like he had something to do with them winning instead of his teammates miraculously making up for his screw up.

16. JirinPanthosa

Yeah, it left a really bad taste in my mouth the way Marissa got eliminated. Granted she had done nothing to develop social relationships to that point and she probably would have been next, but it still must suck for a young kid to be judged by your old uncle's bad behavior.

One thing that surprised me is that the hidden immunity idol was not mentioned once. Either it's somehow connected to redemption island or for some weird reason, nobody bothered to look for it.

They wouldn't take it out of the game, would they? It's produced the most interesting drama in the game since it was introduced.

17. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would like to see both of them go far this season.:techman:

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Gervase and Candace's hubby, chumps of the week.

19. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked it. We'll see how things turn out. The only thing I didn't like was the instant elimination. I hate that on all competition shows, it sucks for the player and the viewers.

20. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yea, it was pretty stupid. It would have made more sense if the two people voted out were then forced to switch tribes. So you then introduced a dynamic to each tribe where someone then suddenly was paired with their family member, while the rest of the tribe had their family members on the opposite tribe.