Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Oh, I am well aware. He names pretty much everyone Sam. It was the worst in a issue of New Ultimates in which Tony Stark thinks about how he met Jeph Loeb's son in a cancer ward, and muses about how Jeph Loeb's son was even better then sex with Carol Danvers. Ever since then, I hate it so so much.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

That's the one they used in the 90s animated series right?

Basically some time ago the X-Men split into one team following Xavier's philosophy lead by Wolverine (yeah that was odd) and another team following Magneto's philosophy led by Cyclopes and seeing as Magneto's team was the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants hence why I consider them the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants with delusions of grandure.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Indestructible Hulk #4: was good, the assembling of Team Banner R&D was nice to see together. Curious about where this group goes and who's a mole etc etc. Hulk under the ocean, Attuma, what's not to like.

Savage Wolverine #2: While I found this to be an issue that did nothing to move the plot forward another look at the mountain convinces me that somehow Man-Thing may be involved. For that I stick around. However, next issue I need answers on who is dropping people out of the sky. My guess is SHIELD. I then need to know why it took 8 months to do so. Also, Cho seems to have aged quite a bit. He looks almost 20yrs old now. Not the 14-16yr old I recall. They aged him quick or just artist variation? So over at CBR forums in this issues discussion thread someone posted uncolored art from upcoming issue....that sealed it for me on Man-Thing. I doubt I'll get answers as it relates to end of Thunderbolts but I'm reading this arc.

Next week, just Punisher War Zone #5
    I've also thinned out my reading stack since summer also. Cost being an issue and funds needed elsewhere. I'd like to check out Nova in TPB but I like Richard so not sure how I feel about this concept.

4. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's funny, I think I've been away from the X-books LONGER and having Emma as the villain is perfectly natural to me. She's never been a good guy as far as I'm concerned.

Proof of how valid the phrase "to each their own" is! :)

And I'm loving the x-stuff now. First time I've ever had their books on my pull list and I've been collecting regularly for well over 20 years now.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm amazed to hear myself say this, but I think I've grown tired of Deadpool. This opening arc has stretched on beyond the point where the joke stopped being funny. Deadpool is being written as a total clown here, without any of the depth that Kelly or Nicieza gave him. Yeah, Deadpool is supposed to be funny, but that's not the only thing that he's about.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have the opposite opinion. The opening arc has been hysterical, and the last issue finally gave Wade some emotion about all the loss he has had in his life...it's actually been a surprise Marvel Now hit for me, and I really don't like Deadpool that much. I only really started to like him in X-Force written by Remender, so this is a surprise lol.

7. OdoWanKenobi

I thought the first few issues were great, but now I just want this arc to end. I'm also disappointed that they've apparently just killed off a promising character in Agent Preston. Having Deadpool doing jobs for S.H.I.E.L.D. with her as his hapless handler is a concept with much promise, and I'm sad to see it cut short.

8. Admiral_Young

I can see Michael getting Strange to use magic to heal her snapped neck. It's going to be interesting to see how they conclude the arc and what else they have planned. The art has been terrific as well. I don't know what's with me, but I'm on a bit of a Wade binge lately :)

9. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

It's so stupid and completely offputting. Every time I think about possibly getting into current X-Men I'm reminded of this. I'll just be happy with my Whedon run. Maybe they can reveal Cyclops was replaced by a clone or a robot or a cosmic entity or a rogue Skrull.

10. Admiral_Young

As mentioned before, Scott's been on this course for quite some time. As for "Schism" I agree that it was pretty forced, especially after Marvel spent all that time building Utopia prior. That being said I liked "Schism". I thought Jason Araon did a pretty good job with it.

Keep in mind that it is the X-Men's 50th Anniversary this year. We still don't know what Marvel's plans are for it. Reunification could still happen.

11. Hartzilla2007

Except CYCLOPES KILLED XAVIER!

Not exactly something he can come back from.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He can't, but Charles can.

13. Admiral_Young

I never said Reunification would include Scott ;) They've also "forgiven" or taken in villains before too :)

14. Hartzilla2007

I never really find that believable when they do that.

Of course thinking they don't really need Evil-Cyclopes anymore since they have the younger non evil version around, they just have to play the alternate timeline card to keep the original team around.

15. OdoWanKenobi

I would like to see some of Wade's supporting cast return. I've always loved Weasel, Blind Al, and Bob: Agent of HYDRA. Heck, I'd love to see Agent X make a return. The time when he was made morbidly obese and had Deadpool running the agency was a lot of fun.:lol:

16. Admiral_Young

I'll miss Ghost Ben Franklin :(

Superior Spider-Man #4 was awesome again...and finally he's back!!! Oh how I hug Slott :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  17. Admiral_Young

Anyone want to take a shot and guess what this is for? Bleeding Cool is already speculating that it could be a reboot, even though Marvel has stated countless times in the past two years that they are doing no such thing. There ARE 52 slashes here. I'm guessing this is more of a jab at DC than teasing a reboot.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/count-on-marvel-teaser.html

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i highly doubt Marvel will do a reboot. people have been suggesting that 616 and the Ultimate Universe will merge though.

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

That sounds even less likely to me.

20. Admiral_Young

Eh...BC speculated that one of the things that was discussed at the Marvel retreat last week was an Avengers/Ultimate Crossover. It's very possible story wise thanks to "Spider-Men" and we know we're getting "Spider-Men 2" so I wouldn't totally discount this as a possibility.

I also don't think this is a Marvel Now Omnibus, because that was already announced a few months ago. I don't think it's "Season One" related either.