Ok Trekkers, Don't Forget To Sign Up For Mandatory Obamacare Oct 1st

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Shilliam Watner, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Re: Ok Trekkers, Don't Forget To Sign Up For Mandatory Obamacare Oct 1

What exactly is the point of survival if you're not going to do anything with it?

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

What is there to do with it? I just want to read, watch tV, play video games, etc. I can do that now. Whenever I'm forced to get a job, that stuff that I currently live for becomes something I'd barely ever be able to do. So, getting a job, and survivng, means living less, but the alternative is being dead, and being a normal person I personally like being alive.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I guess you'll never figure out what there is to live for until you try to actually do it. But since you are convinced that there's nothing out there for you, enjoy your bleak existence.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

What about helping your parents out? If they're on public assistance, it's probably a struggle to have to also take care of you.

5. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

I got signed up. My annual payment for my full insurance now is 0.00 dollars a year.

After 20 years of being denied for pre existing conditions, I will have coverage.

The Doctor on Doctor who once said "Be the best of humanity you possibly can be."

You are failing.

You think we all dont want to just laze around and do jack? Id love to, but thats not how the world works, unless you have someone to sponge off of. We work to feed ourselves and our habits.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yay!

7. kirk55555

The "bleak existance" is just life for families like mine. Work until you can't is what life is, and I'm not eager to start that.

There are 4 people in my house. My parents, my younger brother, and me. Between us, even though we don't have a lot of money, we have food, shelter, electricity, etc and can even afford stuff like limited cable TV and having a small dog. We're definately not well off (our food assistance is something like several hundred dollars) but we're not going out on the street regardless of wether I get a job or not. There are obviously people far worse off than us, even if my family is fairly poor. We're poor enough to get assistance, but we're not close to homeless or desperate right now.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Doesn't mean your parents wouldn't appreciate some help from their son.

9. kirk55555

If things get really bad for some reason, I'll have to help. As it is, we've been in about the same financial position (with my Dad making a bit more when he could work, but still fairly similar) all my life. We've never had a lot of money, but even when we were surviving purely on my Dad's state money (my mom was unemployed for a bit) we survived without getting desperate, even though its not that much money. We're used to living at a low income.

10. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

[​IMG]

This is now officially the most depressing thread ever, and we've had people die here before.

You know, this is getting to be the kirk55555 show now (and I've been a part of that too), but we should get back to discussing the ACA again, preferably with people that are actually interested in learning something or accepting advice. So no more journey into the kirkian abyss of hopelessness, for it makes me weep for the future of mankind, and I'm usually not one of those people.

11. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

best. gif. ever.

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

AGreed, we have veered off topic.

But with regards to the PPACA and the US Governement shutdown, there doesn't appear to be too muh hAPENING> There have been some talks and markets have rallied a little but aside from that not much has changed.

My adive to the Republicans, is get yourself elected to a majority in Congress and have Republican President, then you can reperal the PPACA. Until then it is the law of the land, act like statesmen and stopping playing roulette with the global economy.

13. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Hardly. Compared to school, jobs leave you with a *lot* of free time. Come home at 5pm, and there's no homework, no last minute cramming for tests....it's just you-time.

Getting into a relationship has cut into that sort of stuff a lot more than getting a job did. Not that I mind, of course. Things change.

Besides, some people get paid to read, watch TV, or play video games. For instance, the folks behind Red Vs Blue. It's kind of a niche industry but it does exist.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Hell, I don't even leave for work until 5pm. I have the whole day to do whatever I want!

Like today, I slept in until 2 in the afternoon. JUST BECAUSE I COULD!

15. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Must be nice to be able to do that, As I work shifts I invariable find myself waking up at the same time each day. Even If I'm not on to the afternoon.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

You really need to read-up on what "Obamacare" (the ACA) is and how it works. You're not going to be "charged for being alive" and if anything the Republicans want to screw you over more. With no income you qualify for Medicaid, you're also old enough to be covered on any future plan(s) your parents get from their employers.

The Republican's plans are pretty much for you to get sick/injured and go into severe debt to get healthy again. The ACA at the very least ensures that you're covered if something happens. It's not perfect, by any means, but it's helping a LOT of people out who previously could not get insurance due to various reasons (like preexisting conditions.) But you're not being "punished for being alive" Republicans want to "punish you for getting sick."

You qualify for Medicaid, look into it. If you had a job you'd likely qualify for it or for an inexpensive insurance plan that you can easily research on the ACA's website.

How about you learn about these things before you dismiss them entirely. And how about not taking the stand "I don't like it, so screw everyone else." There's people who can now get insurance who couldn't before because they had a preexisting condition. That's a GREAT thing for them as now they their medical expenses are being drastically reduced.

That's something to champion.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

To be fair, I don't get home from work until 4 in the morning, and by the time I wind down and get to bed it's usually 5 or 6am.

So 2am really isn't that late, but I still feel guilty as hell for doing it. I usually reserve it for Fridays.

18. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Maybe you can get a job being one of those people who sits behind the glass in a building entryway for hours at a time. I've never been quite sure why they're there, to be honest, but it seems like there would be plenty of time to read or surf the internet (especially if you take a night shift), all which collecting a small paycheck.

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I once had a job sitting at the front desk at a 24-hour gym during 3rd shift. I basically got paid to watch Babylon 5.

20. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Do you plan on dating anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.