Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Sep 25, 2012.

1. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I loved the bit with Steve and Kono chasing the naked, tripped-out bank robber.

Danny and the models was loads of fun, too. And I now join Danny in having a crush on Bahati Prinsloo. :p

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

No doubt that the Victoria Secret models appeared via network request to promote the Victoria Secret's special on CBS tonight.

The mystery was way too easy to figure out once they revealed that the bank hero guy had cancer. And the hit man dying with cancer sure was spry enough to escape McGarrett and then take him hostage...still the show is fun as long as you don't think about certain events too much.

3. cardinal biggles

"We've secretly switched notorious hitman Martin Cordoza's regular chemotherapy drugs with pure adrenaline. Let's see if he notices..."

4. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Did anyone else watch Monday's episode? The little girl playing Lucy was so good! I can't believe Danny got shot again... Steve is lucky he didn't get blamed! :lol: I have a hard time believing that Steve couldn't take Tom Arnold out, even with the little girl around... there seemed to be a few opportunities for him to get the jump on the guy. I loved the scenes with the Aloha Girls, and the scout leader was awesome. I wonder what Adam's brother did with Kono's gun...

5. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was the only thing I didn't like about the episode. They needed Tom Arnold around long enough for the other bad guy to show up so no matter how many times Steve could have taken him out he had to wait. They just shouldn't have made it look so easy to turn the tables on him.

6. Top41

I thought this week's episode was pretty good. The whole carjacking thing at the beginning just further illustrated that there's no way Steve would have not taken out Tom Arnold's character in the previous week's ep. Ah well.

I did love seeing George Takei playing Chin's uncle, who's a bootlegger! That was funny, as was Danny's reaction to being offered moonshine. :D

7. Enterprise is Great

I didn't really care for the kid's acting in this episode at least in comparison to the girl from the previous episode who did a really good job. He wasn't bad though. It might've been better if they had separated the two kid episodes instead of airing them back to back.

They need to bring Takei back.

Nice to see Catherine beat the crap out of Axel from The Walking Dead.

8. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always love playing, "Spot the product placement," because it's always so blatant. "Here's a Windows 8 phone, kid, click on this LIVE TILE® and you'll be instantly connected to us," is only slightly less blatant than their actual commericals, "Why, yes, I'm Will Arnett."

Still, nothing will be the avocado discussion about the Subway sandwich from last episode.

Overall, this past episode was not as strong, in my opinion, than previous episodes. I do agree that they needed to schedule things differently. We had two "Steve and Dan" get kidnapped episodes (the boat episode and the girl scouts episode) not too far apart.

On a different note, the female voiceover for Target, that plays before the clip of the scene from the boat episode sounded very familiar. I finally figured that it sounds exactly like Jack Carter's smart house, S.A.R.A.H. on Eureka, which would be fine and all, but actor Neil Grayston voices S.A.R.A.H. (it was even a plot point that they recognized that it was his character's voice, made feminine, because Sarah Michelle Gellar never responded to his request).

9. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

yeah these product placements for the Surface have been pretty blatant and not just on Hawaii 5-0 either - they've been showing up on NCIS:LA (can't recall if I saw one on NCIS) - don't think they are quite so blatant with with product placement.

10. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's actually kinda funny to see these half-assed commercial where they want to give the impression that someone would actually pay for this train wreck.

11. cardinal biggles

The award for least subtle product placements have to go to Bones, where at least one episode per season contains a driving scene where one of the characters extolls at length either the environmental friendliness of the Toyota hybrid they're driving, or some sort of high-tech option available in said Toyota.

12. lennier1

There actually seems to be a coordinated effort. A few months ago there was a span of about four weeks where tons of shows simultaneously seemed to feature in-show car ads where they didn't even bother to at least make a token attempt of concealing it.
    At the moment it's not cars but annoying Microsoft ads (Bing, SkyDrive, Surface, Windows 8/Phone, ...).

13. Enterprise is Great

14. Top41

That's kind of intriguing! I hope I can watch it live so I can vote for the ending. It's cool that all the endings will be online later. I wonder if the east and west coast will end up with different options. We should post here afterwards about what ending we saw!

15. Enterprise is Great

16. lennier1

As much as I like his character, to me he'll always be "The CAG" (Tom Boone).

17. Enterprise is Great

Hawaii Five-0 to Feature New Jimi Hendrix Music on Special Sunday Episode

Awesome!

18. Enterprise is Great

Ok, which ending did you get? On the West coast it was the student that was the killer. Who was it on the East coast?

19. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

(Not quite east coast).

The professor's boss.

20. Top41

Was the boss one a good ending? I thought the student one was tenuous at best. Why would a subpar student suddenly decide he wanted to steal his professor's research? The other endings are online--I need to go watch.

Loved Kono's storyline with Sang Min--he might be my favorite baddie!

Danny's punk nephew was hilarious, and I love that Steve and Danny got mistaken for some sorority girl's two dads--and that Steve was upset that someone thought he was old enough to have a college age kid, not that he and Danny are a couple. :lol: Priceless!