Deadliest Warrior, the Trek Version

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Dingo, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

I've seen this series on Spike TV a few times and really liked it. I wonder what a Trek version of this would be like so I figured I'd start a thread of a similar vein.

My first idea is thus. Hirogen Versus Jem'Hadar.

I'd say in the close range arena the Hirogen have the advantage with their body armor and their dirk.

In the mid-range I give the Jem'Hadar an advantage with the kar'takin pole (their bladed weapon in the DS9 To the Death).

In long range, the Hirogen with their disruptor rifles.

Special weapons I'll give the Jem'Hadar with their polaron beam that causes internal bleeding/hemmoraging even after the energy beam has struck the victim.

I'd still say that the deadliest warrior out of the two is the Hirogen. Any opinions.

2. caisson2delta

caisson2delta Captain Captain

Love the show and think it is pretty cool. You bring up some good points, but didn't mention the Jem'Hadr personal cloaks. I think they would definitely use this to their advantage and would prefer hand to hand.

Definitely a tough one to decide. I would have to go with a draw on this one.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Here's one of the most common ones suggested:

Borg Drone Vs. A Changeling.

4. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

I would imagine that the Hirogen being a hunting species would mean their senses are sharp enough to counter the Jem'Hadar shrouding effect. Plus their dependence on Ketracel White weakens them as well.

5. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But the format of the show won't let the white addiction be significant. Its all about one shot one kill. Being soldiers and not hunters the Jem Hader are more likely to get hits in, even if the target suffers but the computer will show the Hirogen's hits kill. Final score Hirogen 501 to 499.

6. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

I agree with you there, but I figured the Hirogen would have a more decisive advantage in that arena. Where did you get the link to the Deadliest Warrior computer program if you were able to calculate the 501/499 odds in favor of the Hirogen.

I figured while the Jem'Hadar might be able to get hits in, the Hirogen's superior armor would factor against the Jem'Hadar in close in battles. And at longer ranges I figured the Hirogen could dominate the field with their hunting distruptors.

7. SonOfMogh

SonOfMogh Commander Red Shirt

That is one dead Borg Drone

8. Star Wolf

A Borg drone will lose every engagement. The first drone sacrifices itself to determine the strength of the alien. The Star Trek Deadliest Warrior will have to play like the Mafia v. Yakuza, IRA v. Taliban and Spetnaz v. US Special Forces episodes and play squads against each other. I suspect one on one Odo should be able to take anything less then a Q.

9. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Here's another one I thought up:

Cardassian versus Klingon

Close Range: Klingon D'K'tagh. Klingons are just built for melee combat, thus in terms of close range weapons the D'K'tagh wins out over the Cardassian dagger.

Medium Range: Klingon Distruptor Pistol. Not an accurate weapon but at close ranges, why does it need to be. The Disruptor blast is quite powerful against almost any opponent.

Long Range: Cardassian Phase Disruptor Rifle. Here's where the Cardassians have the advantage, longer range weaponry. Their phaser rifles can really reach out and touch someone.

Special Weapons: Klingon Bat'leth. I'd give special weapons to the Klingons in squad or one-to-one battles seeing the Cardassians equivalent, the grenade (used in What You Leave Behind to flush out Damar, Garak, and Kira in the basement) didn't seem to have that effective a concussive effect in decisive battle.

Winner: I'd suspect that at close ranges, which Klingons are most apt to fight at, the Klingons would defeat the Cardassians rather decisively. Klingon squads would either beam in right onto the Cardassian positions or as close as they could possibly do so and then assault it in the name of Kahless! Qa'pla!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  10. Luckyflux

Luckyflux Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But the show doesn't really match up two similar warriors. Except the specialized ones such as the Mafia, Army Spec Forces, and Terrorists ones. All the others have been warriors from different times (Samurai vs Viking), using different technology (Knight vs Pirate, Steel vs Bone/Stone), and fighting in ways they never would (Ninjas wouldn't fight toe to toe,). I never liked that about the show, I would want to see a more even matchup, like Knight vs Samuria, Ninja vs Apache,

Other species to include would be Breen, Kazon, the gold/silver Cyborgs.

How about Kirk vs Gorn? That would be pretty good!

Or in the true spirit of the Deadliest Warrior, about about Jem Ha'Dar vs Cylon Centurion?

11. Star Wolf

^
    We have seen Kirk v. Gorn, Kirk won. The same with Klingon v. Cardassian

12. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

How about Kazon versus Jem'Hadar in squad on squad battle?

13. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..

Yes but a Gul with any sense would use a transporter inhibitor to block the Klingons from beaming in and would disperse his soldiers so as to give them a clear range of fire.
    The Cardassians also have some form of armor (at least judging from the Terok Nor trilogy) and we all know what tanks can do to a unprotected infantry...
    At close range it might go to the Klingons but judging from Gul Dukat's performance in Way of the Warrior, a typical Cardassian soldier can give a good account of themselves.

And the Jem'hadar would murder the Kazon in about a minute, considering their superior weaponry and personal cloaks.

14. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

True, but Klingons can be fairly sneaky as well. Cloaked ships that can't be detected until the last second and then beaming troops into the Cardassian positions, or attacking the inhibitors with Birds of Prey from orbit.

I will concede well led Cardassian soldiers with resourceful Guls/Glinns could give the Klingons a run for their money. So depending on the circumstances the fight could go either way. If the Cardassians keep the Klingons at a distance they have the decisive advantage. If the Klingons get close, however, it would likely be a bloodbath for the Cardassians.

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I think the most interesting fights are of species with a variety of weapons who have never fought each other (Jem'Hadar vs. Hirogen is a good example).

A good baseline no matter what is a Klingon, since they have so many weapons. I'm not sure what opponent I'd suggest, probably something from the Delta Quadrant.

16. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Klingon versus Hirogen? Any thoughts?

17. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

If I remember correctly, the Hirogen were phsyically very impressive, larger than most Klingons, so in hand to hand, they may be able to physically overpower a Klingon, though I reckon a skilled Klingon (a Dahar Master, if not one less experienced) would be able to use their smaller size to find a weakspot in the Hirogen armour. Plus a Klingon's hardened physiology might help them go longer.

In a shooting match however, the Hirogen has the definite advantage with heavier guns and armour.

Anyone wondering where MACOs may rank in against various foes?

18. Bisz

Bisz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here is an unorthodox one that may have you thinking that they aren't really warriors, but they are when you think about it (think of our favorite tailor/gardener and the kinds of work he did on the site):

Section 31 vs The Obsidian Order

I believe that we were toldon-screen by Odo that The Order is better than the Tal Shiar which is why I picked them to go up against S31.

19. Star Wolf

Seeing as how the ordinary Starfleet scientist/soldier normally held his own against Klingon warriors I would think that the MACOs, possibly trained to fight augments and with their collection of military and police weaponry would always win.

20. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

Section 31

Why you ask? I'll give a few reasons:

1) People have heard about the Obsidian Order, no one in Federation, except for a few, have heard about Section 31, and there seems to be no evidence that any powers or agencies outside of Federation have either. If no one knows that you exist, it means it's easier for you to work.

2) Section 31 managed to deliver a biological weapon that would have decapitated the Dominion leadership, who didn't see it coming. The Dominion had tricked the Obsidian Order and the Tal Shiar into doing an 'all eggs in one basket' approach, and destroyed a large section of both. From that one could infer Obsidian Order < Dominion Intelligence < Section 31.

3) Standard Starfleet Intelligence managed to get a lot of info on the Dominion/Cardassian Union operations. If normal Intelligence can do that (if it was actually them, and not Section 31 'giving' information to Intelligence), imagine what Section 31 was pulling off behind the scenes.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009