Do you like the idea of Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Green Lantern, Aug 4, 2013.

?

Do you like the concept of Peter Capaldi as the 12th Doctor?

1. Yes :)

85.1%
  2. No :(

3.0%
  3. Neutral So Far :|

11.9%
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

He better.

2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

So, the series will probably be addressing the approaching final incarnation of the Doctor then? Has there been any information on this?

3. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I think he's a great choice and I'm borderline giddy about it.

4. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

He's an excellent choice and should be a good Doctor.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I only know his appearances in Torchwood and Fires of Pompeii (And I don't remember much about FoP), but, it's funny seeing people say he reminds them of previous Doctors (I think he's been compared to most of them already).

To me, he actually reminds me of the Simon Bakerish looking "12 Doctors Mashup" a poster posted here.

Looks alone, he looks the part and the emotion he drew upon in Torchwood could be used very effectively for the Doctor and it's nice to see an older Doctor for a change.

6. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought he was fantastic in COE which honestly is the only thing I know him from. I wonder how soon Craig Ferguson will have him on the show :p

7. Lt. Uhura-Brown

Lt. Uhura-Brown Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

As he's been in both Doctor Who and Torchwood before, I'm optimistic that he's going to be a good fit for the role.

So yeah, I do like the idea of him as a The Doctor.

8. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Boo-urns.

I'm not wild about this choice. I didn't think he was particularly amazing in CoE and I was looking forward to a Doctor of color, or even (gasp) a woman. But hey, an old white dude is good too, I guess. :(

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I think he's a great choice. I'm glad they went with an older actor.

I can't wait to see where they take this Doctor and what he'll be like.

10. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Good choice.
    As to the Junkyard, whenever he is created, all there has to be is a scene where he emerges and the Doctor lets me escape. He know what will happen and he (the Scrapyard) will be defeated. Simple.

11. Stoek

Stoek Commander Red Shirt

Interestingly enough his having been on both Doctor Who and Torchwood previously is the one thing that makes me less than thrilled with his being chosen. As I said on FB when I posted I'm probably the only person who thinks like this, but I got spoiled by Homicide and The Wire where actors don't constantly get recast as different characters only to end up eventually playing a lead role unlike what is so common for much of American and British television. I'm fine with the new Doctor being a known person in general, but would have preferred that the role be his first time appearing in the series.

However it is a very minor grumble and over all I am certainly looking forward to what will be happening next.

Also will be interested to see if I'm right and they chuck the whole only 13 bit into the rubbish bin.

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Voted yes. Capaldi is an excellent choice and I look forward to his take on the Doctor. For proof on his acting range, just take a look at his characters from Fires of Pompeii and Children of Earth. They're complete opposites, and I had trouble believing at first it was the same guy playing both roles. If any can find the right balance between manic goofiness and grim seriousness that's always associated with the Doctor, I'm sure it's him.

13. Chrono85

Chrono85 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You really can't tell what kind of Doctor he will be, just by his appearance alone. I have not seem him in anything yet, but since I am optimistic fellow, I voted yes :).

14. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    count me as another fan who's glad to see an older doctor, the first one in a long time.

not as bold a choice as a woman or Black guy, but bold in its own way.

15. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Did you see the fourth season, Fires of Pompeii? He was the father of the house and the guy who bought the Tardis, Caecilius. I love his ability to get into a role so completely. I am looking forward to his Doctor. I haven't seen World War Z, but amusingly he seems to have played a WHO Doctor.

16. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

He was great in Torchwood: Children of Earth and I eager to see how the show handles an older Doctor again. I'm also curious as to how he and Clara will get along.

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm surprised, but pleased they went with someone older than Smith. i hope Capaldi won't be as wacky and silly as Smith has been at times.

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Would be brilliant if it was a swerve to cover the real choice. Has anything like the ever occurred?

Don't remember seeing the guy before, not quite sure what to make of it. Hopefully he'll be able to handle the aerobic strain many insist required a young man to be the Doctor in nuWho.

19. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am amazed how many people are saying they've never seen him before... Forget two appearances in Who andTorchwood, he's gone head to head with Tony Soprano!

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^ I need to watch that show someday... ;)