If you're a devoted X-Box player,why is it better for you than PS3 ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neon, Jun 17, 2013.

1. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: If you're a devoted X-Box player,why is it better for you than PS3

I have a 360 (my main console) a PS3 (mostly for PS3 exclusives) and dable in PC gaming.

I didn't plan on jumping right into Next Gen as I'm not really an early adopter but the garbage M$ pulled (and is still pulling) made me jump IMMEDIATELY on the Sony bandwagon, so much So I've Pre-ordered the PS4 and 8 games already.

Until M$ gets their heads firmly out of their @sses I don't see myself supporting them any time soon.

2. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

For me, it was the variety of games that drew me to the XBOX 360. I am worried that PS4 will have a dearth of interesting titles. However, on the positive side, they seem to support indie developers. I have heard great word-of-mouth on "Journey" for the PS3.

3. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

I started out loving the 360. I didn't give a crap about the PS3. The whole 599 USD and you have to have 2 jobs to afford us was laughable. My Xbox 360 and Wii was all I needed.

Then I bought an HDTV, and of course I needed a Blu-Ray player to show it off. The PS3 was the best and cheapest Blu-Ray player at the time. The PS3 started out as a Blu-Ray player only. It slowly changed into my primary gaming system. Microsoft started adding more and more ads to their dashboard. Sony added PS+ The "New Xbox Experience" was a killer for me. Give me the old blades any day over the mess that it is now. Netflix was and is better on the PS3, and it was not behind a paywall. With the PS3 media server, the PS3 was a better media box. PS+ gave me so many free games that I still have not finished them all. Xbox gave me more ads, and inferior services. Does the Xbox give me games like Infamous2, or Uncharted 3 for signing up? Nope. They give me multiplayer (free on PS3) Netflix (Have to pay extra for it on Xbox...Free on PS3). Do they offer free games every month? Nope, Gotta pay to keep watching an inferior Netflix experience.

Xbox 360 started strong, and Sony was a joke at the time. The tides have turned and Microsoft has shit the bed at E3, while Sony tore them apart. Can the tide change? Yep. Look at Sony, it went from a joke to exceeding Microsoft in this generation.

The Xbox One is less powerful, it has a stupid gimmick that will cost me $100 extra just to turn on the damn thing. Who gives a shit about live TV?

NFL? Fuck that. The NFL is like the retarded cousin of non fat people playing a real sport that is 10 minutes of real play on a 60 minute clock.

Fuck the Xbone. It represents everything I don NOT want.

4. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

Not mentioned in a discussion about the XBOX One Kinect is the distance a person needs to use the device. The gaming console is in the living room, which doesn't provide 6 to 10 feet of room because of, well, furniture. So, not only do I not need those extra features, the one feature I am saddled with I can't use because there is no room.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This was exactly my PS3 experience. The only reason I bought it at all was because my DVD player crapped out on me, and at the time the PS3 was exactly the same price as a standalone Blu-Ray player. I've never been much of a gamer, but I figured I may as well get the PS3 just in case; at least then I'd have the option to play games if I wanted to.

The PS3 has become one of the best devices I've ever owned. I use it for Netflix daily, and I have grown to love many of the games that it offers. The only title that XBOX ever had that I had any interest in was Halo. PS3, however, has so many exclusive titles that I really enjoy: Uncharted, Infamous, etc...and I just recently finished playing their newest exclusive title "The Last of Us," which is easily one of the best games I have ever played.

6. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are more and better games on PS3 than 360.