Babylon 5 20th Anniversary: Visual Celebration Book!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 14, 2013.

1. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Yes...based on very little, indeed. What's that old saying? Give me a minute...an old friend of JMS' is famous for it...Ah! Got it! "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion."

jclark14, there was definitely a picture included in the newsletter.

Jan

2. Triple-F

Triple-F Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Exactly the point I’m making, cheers. The author of that piece in the book wasn’t informed, and is in fact presenting the reader with gobbledygook. Misrepresenting the intentions of the designer, and not providing facts to the reader as is claimed. The only reason why I know that is because I am informed on that particular subject, having spoken with the designer, at length.

As I said, I’m certain it makes for one very impressive (and high quality) collection of photo’s and some sketches. But as far as containing first hand information from the artists involved – well, seen one page and it’s full of nonsense. Maybe I was unlucky, and that’s the only page with that issue.

Either way, it’s no biggy as this isn’t a retail outlet for Publishing 180. Just a discussion forum were a book is being discussed.

3. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I just received this about the book:

B5-20 Book Shipping Status

We wanted to give you a shipping update on your B5-20 book which was scheduled to ship by this Sunday, June 30. Our revised ship by date is now two days later, Tuesday, July 2nd.

Due to a 7-day customs delay (unheard of!) at the Port of Los Angeles the books were finally released at 5:12pm, today, Friday.

To make up for lost time, we had a fleet of trucks standing by, each with TWO drivers so they can travel to Louisville, Kentucky -- 2,085 miles (3,356km) -- without stopping. Think "Smokey and the Bandit meets Babylon 5".

The fleet is due to arrive at Cafepress Monday morning, July 1.

Even with the customs delay, because we commissioned two drivers per truck and authorized them drive on a weekend ($$$!) we expect all the books to ship by Tuesday, July 2nd.

You will receive tracking information via an email from Cafepress.

If you ordered more than one book, you will get an email for EACH book since each book is being shipped separately and each has its own tracking number.

You will hear from us again on Monday, just to let you know that the fleet arrived safely and the books are being processed for shipment.

In the meantime, the B5 Books Team will be at the office all weekend just to respond to your emails if you have any concerns or questions. To reach us either reply to this update or email us at help@b5books.com.

When we say we're sorry, we really mean it.

Faith manages,
    Captain Jaclyn

4. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Thanks, Tom Hendricks, I was just coming to post about it here.

Jan

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I was just about to email Cpt Jaclyn to ask if we'd be getting an email notice when the parcel shipped. Just at that moment I received the above email.

She must be a P13 or better!

6. Tom Hendricks

Got my shipment email today, so I should have it soon.

7. jclark14

jclark14 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

<snip>

Well, there was nothing in *my* email.

No big.

8. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Here's a link where you can see it http://www.isnnews.net/index.shtml scroll down a little past half way and look on the right side of the page for the purple symbol on a gold background.

Jan

9. jclark14

jclark14 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Thank you! Looks like a sign for "This Phone Booth Available for Superman Changing".

Don't see to many of these anymore....

...badda - boom.

jeff

10. Tom Hendricks

Mine is in Clinton PA. It seams to be on the back of a Fed-Ex pack mule. Was hoping to get it tomorrow but who knows when it will actually arrive.

11. Neroon

It appears that FedEx's tracking system has been sorted. My copy is currently showing as estimated to arrive Thursday

12. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Rats! Mine's changed from expected delivery tomorrow to expected delivery Thursday!

Jan

13. Tom Hendricks

Yeah, mine states a Thursday arrival as well now.

ETA:
    My tracking was updated with this,

11:41 am
    At U.S. Postal Service facility
    Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery

So now I'm not sure if I'll get it tomorrow, Thursday or Friday.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  14. Tom Hendricks

I got mine this morning. It came in an awesome purple sleeve. I really can't wait to go over the entire thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  15. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Leafed thru the whole thing. Loved it. Tons and tons of behind-the scenes pictures, basically an "Art of B5" book.

Not enough Pat Tallman!! :klingon:

16. Neroon

My own Preciousssss arrived earlier this afternoon. Though I was hoping for the purple envelope, the blue reminds me of the station. :techman:

Attached Files:

17. Tom Hendricks

The blue looks awesome, I agree with you that the blue does make me think of the Station. When I received the purple, all I could think of was the Drazi and the purple scarf.

18. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

It's a good thing you're not a Green Drazi, the Book probably wouldn't have survived the encounter (Back when B5 aired first run, there was a poster named GreenDrazi on a board I frequented)

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still need to order this.

20. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Then do so, post-haste! :)