What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Well, it's a typical Bethesda game. It's addictive as crack if you're into exploration. Not to mention the background lore and side quests.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'll never forget the day when my copy of FO3 locked up on me just after I'd acquired the awesome T-51b power armor in [location redacted to avoid spoilers] after I'd soaked probably 60 hours into the game and discovered almost every location in the Wasteland. The bug frakked up my save so I can't access it anymore, and of course this happened on the one time where I wasn't using multiple saves as often as I usually do. I lost almost twelve hours of gameplay. :scream:

I still haven't gone back to it since then. :(

3. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've got Fallout 3 sitting there, and I've put in some serious effort (I played up to the missionary fort), but I've never really been able to get into it completely.

It's ok, and I can see why people dig it, but there is just something about it that I fail to connect with. I've had more fun and kept coming back more times to Obliviion or even Borderlands than with FO3.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Geez, that sucks man :(

I guess this is why I get so paranoid and always keep several backups on several storage devices for my solo RPG saves.

Edit: Currently playing some Reach Score Attack, Gruntpocalypse on Corvette :mallory:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  5. Assimilated Tom

Assimilated Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Fallout: New Vegas
    Rock Band 2

6. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar.

I recently finished playing through Ultima VII: The Black Gate, which is one of my favourite games ever, so I thought I'd give this one a try. It's quite a different experience and it took me a while to figure out how to actually play it, but I'm enjoying it.

7. Skywalker

After binging on Mass Effect 2 for quite some time, I finally decided to take a break and play through some other stuff while I'm waiting for Black Ops next week. I finished Alan Wake a couple days ago, played through the Modern Warfare 2 campaign again, and now I'm firing up Uncharted 2. Haven't played it since last year, before I got my HDTV, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much better it looks on my current set. :techman:

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ I'd say you're in for a treat ;)

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Been playing some Halo 2 (PC) - it's not the worst console-to-PC port I've ever played, but it's close.

God-awful. :thumbdown: Oh well, at least my Halo collection is now complete - every Halo on every platform.

10. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was playing Left 4 Dead earlier. I hadn't been keeping track of any news relating to it and Steam had dropped in a new section, so I took that for a spin.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Enslaved yesterday and I gotta say I'm really enjoying it so far.

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Got that today, Can't wait to start playing.

13. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Achieved 100% completion on Red Dead Redemption last night.

This was such a sublime gaming experience that I don't feel like walking away now like I have with every previous GTA title when I've hit 100% in the past. I wouldn't mind, actually, just doing it all over again on the hardest difficulty. Or perhaps I'll dig my heels into multiplayer.

Regardless, I can't see myself ditching this for at least the next 2 or 3 months, maybe longer.

14. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

To this day I've only played Halo 1, since it's the only one that came out for Mac (do you have that version?).

I've been thinking about getting Halo 2 for PC and running it in Boot Camp. What exactly is wrong with the port?

15. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Had a quick go off Mass Effect 2 again, this time with my secondary character.

For my primary character (Soldier) I went into the into one of the DLC missions armed with the Light Machine Gun and the Cain and it wasn't that easy.

With my engineer, I went in with just the standard gear (and grenade launcher) and it was a piece of cake.

Next up, I may reload Crysis before I get around to getting Black Ops:)

16. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Aragorn and I just beat all four co-op maps in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. That was pretty entertaining. ;)

17. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I completed the Black Ops campaign yesterday. Started on the MP today, and I'll be doing a Veteran run-through of the campaign over the weekend.

18. Skywalker

Hopefully Black Ops' veteran mode doesn't resort to throwing fifty grenades at you every two seconds like in Wold at War's veteran mode. :ack:

19. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I'm hoping Treyarch listened to the community on that one.

Although, having said that, playing WaW on Veteran definitely improved my game in terms of my ability to pop out of cover and target enemies quickly, so it was good in that respect.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Damn you for reminding me of Halo 1 for Mac, now I'll have to buy that as well even though I don't own any Apple products :lol:

Well, as for what's wrong with the port... oh boy. Where do I start?

- Gamepad users automatically get a certain amount of auto-aim
    - Mouse/Keyboard users are unable to comfortably increase mouse sensitivity (even the highest setting feels way too low if you want to play hi-sense)
    - In-game menus keep prompting you to press the "A" or "B" Xbox controller buttons :rolleyes:
    - Framerate issues keep cropping up even on powerful systems

And don't get me started on Games for Windows LIVE/Xbox LIVE integration (though to be fair, strictly speaking that's not a console-to-PC port issue).