Batman Inc. The Yellow Oval Is Retunring!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Guest

I was waiting to see how the costume would look in blue. I like the new costume, but I'm glad Dick is still wearing the old one. At least we'll be able to tell which comics star which Batman.

At the same time, I hope Dick Grayson goes back to being Nightwing sooner instead of later. He worked hard to become his own man and deserves his own identity.

3. Admiral_Young

Well I think DC is planning to play around with this notion of multiple Batmen for at least until the end of Morrison's run which he said could end in two years but he if is still feeling it he could go for more since he's having a blast with the character. The costume reminds me a little of Gary Frank's Batman Earth One costume with obvious differences but I really like it. Really happy with both Dick and Bruce's costumes Can't wait for post Return of Bruce Wayne.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Its amazing how fugly any comic book Batman costume looks when they ditch the trunks.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Isn't that one of the costumes used by Rha's Al Ghuls' thugs when he sent them after Bruce at one point? There were much better variations than that. What's with the piping?

6. Admiral_Young

^ Not sure what you're referring to. Pic?

7. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Jesus. What is that on his chest, a spotlight? A napkin holder? Or is he just emulating Iron Man?

Yellow oval = good.
    Raised platform = ludicrous.

8. sojourner

The piping is clearly visible in the link posted.

9. Admiral_Young

Sorry should have clarified I saw the piping I was meaning what did you mean about the costumes Ra's thugs wore?

10. sojourner

^oh, that was from a storyline in the 90's around the time of the Azreal/Batman storyline. When Bruce was going to retake the mantle that time, the artists came up with a bunch of updated costumes for Batman. The one they used ended up only having very minor changes from the classic costume. They then used all of the other designs in a storyline where Rah's men were impersonating the real Batman and Bruce went around taking them down. (IF I remember correctly)

11. Admiral_Young

^Ahhhh okay for some reason I'm not remember it lol.

12. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Lordy that costume is ugly, it would be much better without the piping.

13. Admiral_Young

Yeah the piping is the only thing i don't like about it...don't mind the elevated oval.

14. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

hate the elevation. All that damn thing needs now are clock hands and a gold chain.

15. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice but that piping sucks giant hairy donkey balls.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Agreed...and the piping is awful. Non-raised oval...no piping...then it will be good.

17. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

What you're describing is body paint, not a costume. In 2010, it's ludicrous to keep designing superheroes costumes as if they were still drawn in the same relatively simplistic style as the 1960's.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Really?

Imagine this costume drawn...no piping and the oval is only slightly raised.

http://bruehoyt.com/superheroes/DC/batman/bruce/batmankeaton1.jpg < That image is better to illustrate the point and an artist could draw something similar.

http://bruehoyt.com/superheroes/DC/batman/bruce/batmanbegins1.jpg < This one you could add the oval to and it would look great and I believe an artist wouldn't have a problem illustrating it.

[edit] Maybe like this but illustrated

[​IMG]

excuse my horrible photomanip. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2010
  19. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

"Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot... I shall become... Naked Grey Man!" :D
    [​IMG]

20. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Dude it's an universe where magic rings exist and people regularly come back from the dead, the technology required to make costumes without seams is neither here or there.