Pine: Kirk Vs. Ryan

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrekToday, Nov 26, 2012.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For Chris Pine, taking on the role of James T. Kirk was a bit scarier than playing the latest version of Tom Clancy‘s Jack Ryan. The reason for that was Star Trek‘s passionate fanbase. “Star Trek has a very fervent, avid fanbase that is very protective of their characters and their stories,” said Pine “Jack [...]

More...

2. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

He talks about Abrams being the "master puppeteer, for better or for worse" - which I find slightly cryptic. I wonder if there's some insinuation he believes the extended veil of silence is possibly not in the films best interests?

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Oh, man - let's not go there again. :lol:

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Uh...

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, surprised me too. I woulda thought Shater was too shrewd to get played. I wonder who did it? ;)

6. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Denny Crane.

7. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Was Shatner ever unregonisable in a role? Or it is alway obvious that he is the Shatner?

8. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

There were a few where it might have taken you some time to realize who it was you were watching. Thinking mainly of a guest appearance on Kung Fu and a "master of disguise" role on the short-lived series Barbary Coast, but there may have been others.

9. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Probably wise! ;)