The UES Kongo - 1:1000 Constitution

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FatherRob, Jun 18, 2013.

1. FatherRob

FatherRob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This girl started life with the intent to do a TMP livery on her, paintjob and all. The white looked great... the accent colors, not so much. Got very frustrated, blasted her with Testors silver, and started detailing the snot out of her.

She still needs her final topcoats... any suggestions before I seal her up?

MODS: I can't find a way to shrink the images. If you desire to delete them, I understand. The images are avaliable on my blog:

http://stellarcross.blogspot.com/2013/06/modeling-project-ues-kongo.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why is it called UES Kongo? and not USS Kongo? :)

3. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

That actually does look kinda cool! Reminds me of some of the transitional livery found in SotSF.

--Alex

4. FatherRob

I have my own little alternate universe take on Trek where, instead of the UFP, there is a United Earth Interstellar Confederation that is allied with several other starfairing powers in more of a NATO-like arrangement than the Federation.

Plus, it lets me do other things, like make a refit-Constitution to be the starship Constellation with the 1017 hull number, because in my universe ships lost in the line of duty have their hull number and honors carried forward to the next new-build ship of a similar (or better) class. No bloody A, B, C, or D!

And yes, the AMT 1:537 refit Constitution (actually a Constellation class heavy cruiser in my universe) is my next major modeling project.

Definately an inspiration source... I grew up with those as my technical fandom of choice. I still deeply respect their work, while taking my own little playworld to a different place.

Rob+

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice! I especially like how the Bussard collectors turned out.

I am curious though how it looked with the TMP livery, before the silver. Did you happen to take any pictures of that?

6. FatherRob

No, I didn't, because it looked so horrible that I dare not photograph it for fear my camera would break!

Also, I need to get with you, BJ... need to see if I can get kids names from you in the style you did Brendan's on the shuttlecraft image. I am building some physical shuttles, and want to get decals made. We have an ultrasound today to determine if baby #3 will be Patrick or Grace.

Rob+

7. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, there wasn't that much to that part. I used a font called Brush Script, which is on most computers already, and put it on a slight curve. I'd be happy to do it if you like, but you can probably also get what you want in Powerpoint or WordArt.

8. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Wow, looks a lot better than the last time I saw the Starship Kongo, that's for sure.

9. FatherRob

Yea... In the alternate universe I inhabit, that incompetent turd Kosnett was never allowed near a command chair. Our Confederation's Star Fleet is actually partway adept at weeding out incompetent officers. :)

10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

A nice build.

11. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, we all knew that the Kongo probably survived in some other timeline. Though who knew it would have been in this one?

A good thing too, because it was such a shame when we lost the Kongo. She was such a fine vessel. And perhaps the Federation is a little lax with incompetency. I assure you that the Kongo probably wasn't the only Starfleet vessel lost due to some form of incompetency, though most of those are probably minor starship classes.