Star Trek TNG "Sierra-style" Adventure Game

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by delancie, Oct 10, 2012.

1. delancie

delancie Cadet Newbie

Howdy everyone! I'm new to the Trek BBS but look forward to getting to meet some like minded nerds!

I've been working on a point-and-click TNG fan-game in the style of Sierra classics like "King's Quest" and I'm looking for folks who are interested in contributing to the project.

By combining background images from the STTNG Tech. Manual and various other gathered resources, there is now a decently walkable model of the NCC-1701-D loaded into an Adventure Game Studio project, along with all 7 senior staff and a generic male/female ensign characters.

Once the pathing and rooms for the ship have been completed, we'll be moving into the fun part of the project: storyline, puzzles, dialogue trees, new backgrounds/rooms/decks, music, sounds, fancying-up the graphics and animations, etc...

If this sounds like something you'd want to help with, let me know.

Here are a few screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ian

2. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Awesome! I would love to play the final version. Point and click Adventure games + star trek, two of my favorite things.

A Final Unity was great, but I always wanted a sequel. Perhaps you shall fill that void! I'm glad you are using the character sprites from A Final Unity, I loved the look of that game.

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

This looks like fun! I wish you the best of luck, delancie!

4. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That looks to be a lot of fun. Should I PM you if I'd like to help?

5. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Waiting to play the finished product.

6. Kadratis

I got your message delancie, but I forgot that new members can't send or receive PMs. :( Shoot me an e-mail at kvelevere at gmail dot com. If this breaks forum rules, I apologize in advance to the mods.

7. Kadratis

I hate to do this but... [​IMG]

8. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Any news or is this project dead?

9. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It looks interesting anyways. Those sprites look a lot like the ones from A Final Unity, which was a fun game.

10. Lee Enfield

Lee Enfield Lieutenant Red Shirt

At the risk of bringing out the dead... I like to see this as well. Just make your own (better) sprites.

What does the op say? Is this dead?

11. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given the OP hasn't logged since October of last year, I suspect you have your answer.

12. Lee Enfield

Lee Enfield Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ah, right. Me stupid. *Zombie moan*

13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

A shame. I would like to have seen this.

14. Yosef Lindell

Yosef Lindell Lieutenant Red Shirt

I just discovered this thread today. Too bad, because I guess this project is already dead.

I have been hoping for more Star Trek point and click adventure games for some time. As far as I know, the only fan project out there is still my Star Trek: the Continuing Voyage from 2007. And as those who have played it know, it certainly has some limitations.

There was a Star Trek: Arena project out there for a while, with a demo and everything, but that died a while ago too.

A new TNG game would have been welcome, but as I know from experience, it's hard to sustain interest in these projects.

Anyway, I'm always looking for people who want to work with me on a new Star Trek point-and-click game.

I'm also always interested in working with programmers, animators, and artists who want to help remake Star Trek: the Continuing Voyage into a more serious game.

So feel free to PM me or contact me via the address on my website at www.startrekthecontinuingvoyage.com.

And then there was Secret of Vulcan Fury, which I never got over, even though it has been 15 years... By the way, check out the Interplay forums for some more definitive information on the state of that game. It seems like all the backup tapes, including those with the voice recordings, were lost.:( http://www.interplay.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8501&hilit=secret+of+vulcan+fury