(SPOILERS!) About the SuperBowl Trailer...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Kruezerman, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Will we be getting a new Enterprise?

Perhaps a refit?

2. sunburn800

sunburn800 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

One can hope that the next one will be easy on the eyes. If this one bites the dust.

3. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's a thought...

We see some ships and shuttles crashing into the city. Could this be a nod to the Wrath of Khan? He (Khan) uses the prefix codes to direct the ships into the cities of Earth.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I recently read a Kirsten Beyer Voyager novel where the USS Quirinal, a Vesta-class starship, crashed down on a planet. After weeks of repairs the ship was made spaceworthy again. So I'm kind-of prepared for the idea of the Enterprise being salvagable.

As for a refit - it's possible. If not at the end of this film, at the start of the next. Star Trek XII will likely have a new director. And they just can't resist changing things! Look at the Enterprise-A in STIV, V and VI. It's meant to be the same ship, but goes from shiny white ultra new, to a bigger TOS/TNG hybrid with touchscreen controls and carpet, to dark and worn out, no carpet, with push-buttons again. Star Trek and Into Darkness may be the only two Trek films where the ship and sets look 100% identical between them!

I really like how the Enterprise looks as-is. If they do refit or replace her, it'll be a shame.

5. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

Agreed, if they refit or replace the enterprise so quickly it simply just confuses everyone and takes away how significant the Enterprise is in the new franchise.

6. Saul

But new Toys are cool. Kids want to see the New Batmobile or the new Optimus Prime.

A boob job reversal on those nacelles would be nice.

7. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[Dennis]No[/Dennis]

8. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

Stuff what kids want, this is about what I want. :mallory:

Enterprise stays as is getting into adventures for atleast 2 decades, only until then she may finally retire.

9. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

I hope so. I never cared for the bridge at all. I think they should make it more retro looking like TOS bridge without making it look like it was built in the 60's. Still have the red railing, real display panels, basically a modern version of TOS bridge.

I would also like to see Star Trek return to TV, that's what it was made for. Weekly episodes with great stories, not the recycled technobabble crap we got with the last few series. Get a whole new set of writers. I never want to hear things like "auto destruct is off line" or "controls are fused, we can't shut it down" and please, no more "We're the only ship in range" or any of the other cop-out lines that were used over and over again.

Having to wait 4 years between movies is too long.

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Blow it up or keep it? Do what's best for the story.

But I thought Paramount told Bad Robot they couldn't destroy it when making the first movie?

11. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd really like a redesign to make it less bland. That bridge is so sterile and boring, no matter how many lights Abrams shines in my eyes.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No. The Enterprise will be repaired.

13. Saul

14. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is this your opinion, or do you know that it will be?

15. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given the title, Into Darkness I expect that to include the loss of this Enterprise. When people experience hugh disasters, natural or man made, how often do we hear; We lost everything but we still have our lives.

Yes it'll be sad to see the Ol' Girl go before her time, (actually, not IMO :p I cannot wait to see its shoddy semblance smashed to smithereens [/butthurt]) but the survivors can be thankful to have survived at all.

I know, Legion: "Nope." There, I saved you the trouble. lol

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The vast majority of the ship is intact. We see a lot of hull plating gone, a chunk of the starboard aft saucer and the starboard nacelle casing.

All of that can be repaired, as for her frame, it's survived being squashed by a black hole nearly point blank and she was space worthy again in very little time.

She'll be patched up good as new just like last time.

17. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Um, it hasn't hit the ground yet. It appears to me it still falling from orbit, hasn't began striking the atmosphere yet. See the clouds far, far below.

[​IMG]

Btw, the 4 "bubble trails" are captured here. 2 from the leading edge of the saucer and 2 rising up, (imo) between the nacelle struts from the engineering section. (Sorry it isn't HD)

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nope.

19. sunburn800

sunburn800 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes yes you know something that the rest of us don't, I for one would love the see that bag of bolts lost forever.

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Precious, but no.