Was Timeless the best Harry Kim episode better?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by The Overlord, Jan 12, 2013.

1. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Hmm Harry pulls a Star Trek XI (Nero) to change the past for his own personal benefit. Naw there is nothing evil about that at all. Pssh it's just another Kim episode with him seperated from Voyager. I could've swore I had seen Kim in this situation before. VOY episode "Non Sequitur" perhaps?

2. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

He shaved his head between season 3 en 4.
    Cassidy did make a comment about it, that she likes it in the episode "Way of the warrior".

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a button on your control panel called "ignore".

You can chose to extract yourself from any number of middling conversations beneath your notice by deciding who is unworthy of your company.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Or, you can just exercise self control and not respond with a smackdown.

Especially when responding to an Admiral, Ensign.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  5. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

He is right though, of course.

...But probably should have dropped that last sentence, Firefly. :cardie:

6. Melakon

Even the ending is similar. Harry saves the day just as the shuttle/runabout blows up killing his allies.

Though the ice planet crash was well done.

7. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

You are right, my appologies, I've removed that last sentence.

But in my defense he was wrong.

8. Melakon

We all make mistakes. And regarding being "wrong", Teacake admits not remembering such a scene, which was really something of a throwaway line. The only thing I remember about the scene (not having a copy) is Kasidy saying something like "Mmm... nice," as she runs her hand over his head. Then again, I'm an old man, so memory's starting to go.

9. Guy Gardener

No, sadly this is petty smackdown was brought to you yesterday by remembering incorrectly between which seasons that Sisko shaved his head. And anyway, Teacake was just repeating bollocks I got wrong.

For those of us who collected DS9 on vhs tape, two episodes a tape in the real world and one episode a tape in America, actually owning a complete season was difficult and watching anything in order was very trying. God forbid we're just talking about renting five random tapes from the video hut on the friday night to see out the week end... Rewinding each asshole tape and then fast forwarding through a 10 minute FBI anti piracy warning between every damn episode as I copied them.

"Sigh"

DVD's have produced a couple generations of spoiled brats already who don't know how good they got it.

10. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

OMG are we playing at real ranks!!!

This is so exciting.

And people you know why Kasidy (everyone spells it wrong but me btw) said something nice to Sisko about his alopecia? It wasn't a hairstyle choice she was complimenting, NO. It was because she loves him and she looks at every little thing about him and turns it into something sweet. If you love someone and all their hair falls out suddenly you learn to love baldness, that's what love is.

11. Melakon

That, and Sisko's pate was as smooth as a baby's butt.

12. Guy Gardener

Actually I think his but has something to do with the problem at hand.

What if he was holding a few bricks of latinum up is bum?

You see what it did to Morn's hair?

13. teacake

That would explain his staccato delivery too.

14. Guy Gardener

it would.

If something bad happened to him, Kassiday would still be able to support herself by selling the rest of his latinum spattered undies.

15. teacake

So I rewatched Timeless.

Harry is like some parody of Tough Harry, On the Run. Oh he's a bad boy.. "they're having sex." Yeah he can say it out loud just like that now, he's tough! He's making up for all that stammering when 7 tried to get him to mate. He's a man now. And he shows us this in all the manly slapping of the EMH's shoulder he does. Because that's what real men do, slap each other with arms straight out at their side, erect if you will. Yeah.

But then! In the middle of all this manliness something happens. Harry does not get his own way. His manliness FAILS to deliver!! With 3 minutes left on the warp core breach clock he has a petulant tantrum, "I can't! It's not working. Why won't it work?! I killed them! I killed them! They trusted me and I killed them!! Don't you see? History's repeating itself! I destroyed Voyager once, and I'm doing it again!" Only it took a lot longer to say than to read and all the while Majel was counting down in the background.

So was it the best Harry Kim episode? Sure. Lots of Harry doing interesting stuff. And kudos to him for giving Starfleet the big fuck you, though probably was more out of petulance than defiance. I bet he was on a real Cowboy trip with Chakotay. But what really pissed me off was how he made their deaths all about him, he was clearly there so that e didn't have to be the one who made a bad mistake.

16. Guy Gardener

Did you watch Tessa very very carefully for signs of subterfuge?

Maybe she wasn't a cleverly disguised Braxton and just a Lieutenant working for Braxton, but I find it suspicious that anyone as tedious and melancholy as Chuckles on a fricking suicide trip would be able to pull a girl half his age unless she was mentally disturbed with some warped grandpa fetish... Or possibly that she was terminally ill?

17. teacake

I think Tessa may have been seduced by the ultimate power trip of changing history. She may have had some personal history she fancied being erased that was in some way connected to Voyager's failure to return home.. she did say she "Oh I've had an interest in Voyager for a long time." Or maybe she's a groupie, wanting to weld herself to Voyager's history somehow like Barclay.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  18. Melakon

The actress was about 30 at the time. If it's the same for Tessa, she went back to being 15 again.

It was a good showcase for Garrett though, who used Mel Gibson's Lethal Weapon character as inspiration.

19. teacake

I'm going for the groupie explanation then.

20. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Only from our perspective. She lived an alternate life, but didn't "go back" to 15.