Darren Aronosfky (!) a contender to direct "Wolverine 2"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

We have ways of making you talk properly.

2. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I was going to say Spelling Nazi. Oh, well. I'll just remain the Jew in this situation. :p

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I want Slade to do it. The guy has already done a thriller, horror movie, and vampire romance. It'll be very interesting to see him do a superhero movie.

I've only seen one Aronosfky film, The Fountain. I didn't like it.

4. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guys, as fucking if. This is Fox we're talking about. They'll choose the Twilight guy.

5. Blip

Blip Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Taylor Lautner?! :wtf:

:guffaw:

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I beg to differ regarding the "Weapon X" sequences from "X2" covered the origin...we were teased with excellent images through the usage of flashbacks of Logan inside the tank and being laced with adamantium. Stryker made oblique references to knowing Logan sometime in the past. I hardly would consider those to be "covering the Weapon X storyline".

Bryan Singer apparently considered Taylor Lautner for a role in "X-Men:First Class" I think it was Beast but Taylor was unavailable, he went on to say that he's a fan of the actor's work or some such.

The Japan storyline was hinted at the end of Origins and it has been stated by Jackman that that is the direction they intend to take the character in the next movie. I don't have much interest in a sequel except that hopefully Chris McQuarries script is good....I doubt Aronosfky would take on "Wolverine" but he would be a really interesting choice to see what direction he would take the character.

7. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

No, I'm merely the observer who can't help but point out that you keep on making the same mistake. ;)

8. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I'd much rather David Slade. Sure, Twilight was a misstep, but his 30 Days Of Night adaptation was really well directed. I have yet to see an Aronofsky film I like.

9. JacksonArcher

Well, it's a good thing I have you to keep on constantly reminding me of my mistakes. Where would I be without you?

10. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    The good news is that Spelling Nazis will only try to exterminate you if you make the mistake of spelling it "Gew" or "Jiu" or something like that.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Grammar Concentration Camp?

12. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

13. JacksonArcher

Pardon me. I'm a little verklempt right now.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

15. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since Supes didn't work out, look's like he back in bed with Logan.

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I nearly walked out of the theater during "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" after being so disappointed with the film. Hopefully this combined with a Chris McQuarrie script and a lack of Fox executives influence the sequel will surpass the original and deliver a great movie.

17. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

*crosses fingers* *Hope, hope, hope, hope...*

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Right there with you... Aronofsky taking on this film would take me from not caring about it all to being super-excited, sort of the inverse of my feelings on The Man of Steel with Snyder directing.

19. JacksonArcher

Yeah, I hope this pans out.

20. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I think the only thing that could make me love this character again in his cinematic incarnation, after the craptaculartude of Rothman's rape-child, would be to go 180 in the opposite direction...free reign to one of the best directors in film today. Someone who knows character and focuses primarily on that. They fucked up the X-Men trilogy. They fucked up Weapon X. If they fuck up Miller and Claremont's Japanese samurai storyline, I'll never see another Fox superhero movie. Three strikes, and your out.