My Pet's Cuter Than Yours, So Suck It

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Locutus of Bored, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for your suggestions, but i have tried every avenue. She was given citations from the health dept. but thats all they can do. I'm pretty sure she's moved the dishes into the backyard now, and they cannot legally go onto her property. Truth is, i use to trap them (in a humane trap) and have caught over 120 cats and kittens. I would bring them to the humane society and they would put them up for adoption (except for the extremely feral ones whch they unfortunately had to put down). Because none of the cats ever get spayed or neutered it is just a continuing cycle. Anyway, the humane society started charging $50 per cat brought in, so i can't bring them there anymore. I warned them that if they charged people the feral population would increase tenfold, because NO ONE is going to pay $50 to bring in a stray.

I've seen the population start to grow again. There's currently a couple of new litters now, about 8 new kittens that i'd say are about 3 or 4 months old. It's going to get very bad here soon. It depresses the shit out of me.

I think i may have to go into her backyard when she's not home to confirm whether or not she's putting the food down there. It would all be so simple if she stopped feeding them. Then they'd just find someplace else to go. But by doing what she thinks is the right thing is really the wrong thing as it only leads to more cats coming to her house and multiplying.

2. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^ See if you can get the media to run a story. They love crazy cat lady/animal endangerment stories, it gets their readers/viewers all fired up. Maybe someone will take notice after that.

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

What you're describing is the difference between the Modern (ugly) Siamese and the Traditional/Applehead Siamese (sometimes even seems to be known as Tonkinese). I much prefer the traditional type myself.

Good idea if you're getting a bureaucratic runaround. Heck, maybe even Animal Planet would be interested.

And here's my family cat...just one. She's a little girl...13 years old, very compact...short and stout, about 12 pounds but very small. When we first got her, they thought she was about 12 weeks old at the shelter, but the vet said she was 16 weeks old and that she would "always shop in the petite section." I've almost forgotten what a full-sized cat is like! :)

[​IMG]

4. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

My cat wasn't ugly.

5. Nerys Ghemor

There are exceptions to every rule, of course.

But overall, with the significant majority of examples, I think the modern Siamese type looks very unhealthy and distorted.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Awww! What a cutie! I like the rather unimpressed expression on her face. :)

7. gturner

gturner Admiral

I just received a text message from the Siamese director of Human Relations. He said, "We will kill you for your insolence and eat your monkey brain."

My kitty, who is not Siamese, didn't twitch a whisker at the threat. I wouldn't take it seriously. Cats are always threatening to kill us and eat our brains, but their inchoate rebellion always seems to end when they hear a can opener.

8. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Dang :klingon:

How do you photograph something fuzzy that is more interested in anything but the camera -AND doesn't like the flash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

^ O M G !!!!!!! CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!!

10. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Drug it heavily beforehand.

11. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

our little kitty is five years old and 7.5 lbs. she's persian - we got her a "lion cut" for the summer and we had to smile at how scrawny she is without her fur - she's really quite insubstantial!

12. Nerys Ghemor

Yes, she's definitely been known to give us the "We Are Not Amused" face.

Yet when she gets excited, she looks like a total kitten!

Redshrt--Ours is a real surprise to pick up. She looks tiny, but she's like a little bowling ball. ;)

13. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I won't dare even think about putting a picture of my critters on here with all those cats around :eek: . I have two gerbils - a male, Michael, and a female, Cassie. They live separately side-by-side. I also have a Guinea Pig, Tulip, who has her own 27 inch by 71 inch cage. :D

14. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Shoot...there is such a massive number of cats represented in this thread that I don't even dare post photos of my 4 lb Yorkshire Terrier...who is the cutest thing ever....but who would definitely be at a disadvantage among all of these cat-lovers! :lol:

When did dogs go out of vogue? I must have missed the memo. :lol:

15. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Geordi: "I've got an idea. How about a phaser? A low-stun setting at just the right moment might do the trick"
    Data: "Geordi, I cannot stun my cat"

My two:

Maya, now almost 8. I got her from my sister when she was about a year old.
    [​IMG]

Gremlin, almost 6. I got him from a local shelter when he was about 10 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

And both, in the sun a few years ago. Hard to tell from this picture, but Gremlin is about twice the size & weight of Maya.
    [​IMG]