Win Dinner with Capt. Janeway!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by poodleparty, May 18, 2011.

1. poodleparty

poodleparty Cadet Newbie

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know of this awesome opportunity have a New York City night out with Kate Mulgrew (and awesome NY theatre actor Reed Birney)!

Today is the LAST DAY to bid on dinner and a show with Kate! Tonight between 8 and 9 PM, all of the items close on the auction site. You guys HAVE to check it out and bid if you can; this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a NYC night with Captain Janeway.

It's for an awesome cause, too. All proceeds benefit Playwrights Horizons, an off-Broadway theatre that, for the last 40 years, has been THE place for the most adventurous and challenging new plays and musicals in America. Just last week, they won their fifth Pulitzer Prize for Drama for CLYBOURNE PARK, a great play by Bruce Norris!

Dinner is at a fab restaurant CHEZ JOSEPHINE right next door to the theatre where you'll be seeing a show together. The show--THE SHAGGS--has been getting great buzz and will be, among everything else you'd want to discuss with Kate, great dinner conversation.

Bid, bid, bid! This is your only chance!

There are tons of great other items up as well, but DINNER WITH KATE AWAITS! :techman:

http://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/item/Item.action?id=133080858

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kate is nice, but an actor is just a meatpuppet, she wouldn't know enough to talk Voyager, or she wouldn't want to... I'd rather win a date with Kathryn Janeway's mind.

One of the producers in character, don't really care which producer, male or female, as long as it is Janeway's mind and soul across the table from me getting sloshed trying to defend herself and they can maintain the illusion.

3. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    Bah, too late. With adequate time, I could have sold my blood plasma for this.

Or maybe my husband? Anyone want him? $1,400 USD starting bid.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Froot-- is he useful?

5. froot

Um

He can cook mac and cheese (don't let him eat it, though.) And... oh! He can fix appliances.

EDIT: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh I want to eat a classy dinner with KM and see a classy show and watch her wave her hands about as she drinks entirely too much wine and gets chatty. :(

6. Guy Gardener

I have a friend that can "acquire" Garret Wang with relative ease?

Garret and 20 bucks for your husband?

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

What are your plans for the husband Guy? Inquiring minds wish to know.

8. Guy Gardener

Gutters need some serious cleaning.

The lawns are nearly 5 feet tall. It IS a jungle out there.

Stuff.

I have always appreciated Six from Blossom for gifting me with the quote "men only have two jobs. 1: Kill spiders, and 2: Turn into shadows and fade away.

9. froot

^ This is acceptable. He's good at mowing the lawn. He will only do it if you promise to reward him with mac and cheese, however. But, seriously. Don't actually let him eat any.

I will trade him to you for Garrett Wang and a small amount of money. I want $30, though. The extra $10 is because I haven't had breakfast at Perkins for a while and I need to drown my sorrows in underdone eggs. Not quite a night on the town with KM, but I guess it will do. Maybe Garrett will want to join me. But, after that, he's going straight in the box I have prepared for him.

10. Guy Gardener

Girl, you don't want me to start charging you incidentals.

I was only offering the 20 bucks because I assumed the packing crate to hold your husband "comfortably" would be a little larger and heavier than the bubble wrap and ducttape I had picked to wrap up the 17th most attractive person on the planet inside.

11. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is she going to be making...pot roast?

12. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

^^

For 1200+ dollars, it had better NOT be just PB&J! :guffaw:

13. froot

:guffaw::guffaw: Okay, okay.

I wasn't too concerned about packing him comfortably. Actually, your bubble wrap and duct tape idea sounds pretty solid. :lol:

Garrett Wang will always be at least the 16th most attractive person in the world to me :)

14. Guy Gardener

How much would you pay to see her as one of those mostly naked human sushi platters?

And double that to eat off her?

I'm still recoiling from when Kim Katral did that in the first Sex and the City movie.

15. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ Uhhhhh, nothing?

Despite my frequenting of the Janeway sexy thread, that's just NOT my cuppa tea. :wtf:

As for Kim Cattral's dietary habits... yet another reason not to watch the movie. :rommie:

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I wish there was a lunch with Jeri Ryan...it could be at Taco Bell and I'd pay $$$! :shifty:

17. Guy Gardener

Did you think I was implying something sexual?

No-ooooooo.

I was just thinking about how one can super personalise the foody experience with kate.

How about barefoot grape squashing in a huge vat? The two you jogging and jumping on half a tonne of pulp until you're both purple head to toe?

18. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

I shouldn't want to get mean with Kate. Squashing grapes with bare feet is 'Not in the Game.' I would immagine to carress her waving finger tips and walk around her acting the debutante.