What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That sounds about 10 times more fun than Minecraft :lol:;)

2. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I'm revisiting an old PC title that had gotten ported up to the Xbox 360....DarkStar One: Broken Alliance.

It's a space fighter sim/open world RPG of sorts. Graphics and ship designs are decent, if uninspired. Dialogue is so so, and the voice work ranges from serviceable to truly amateurish. Space combat is okeeday, and the side missions are rather limited in scope.

Still, it's not a bad way to kill a little time. :)

3. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

I played that one on the PC a few years ago. It wasn't a bad game. Nothing really special though.

As for what I'm playing now... still Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii (just passed the 100 hour mark), Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS, and Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy also on the 3DS.

Plus Mario Kart and FTL whenever I feel like killing some time.

List isn't getting any shorter... and it will have another entry next month when Hyrule Warriors comes out.

4. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Oh, DSOne Broken Alliance definitely isn't a bad game. Not great, but not bad either. As you said, nothing special. :)

Oh, and I know this might be unrelated in the "what are you playing now" subject, but, Resident Evil's creator has finally decided to do a hi-def remake of the GameCube remake of the original Resident Evil for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC. It is slated for early 2015. I'll be getting the PC and PS4 versions. For the longest time, the original remake was a GameCube exclusive, with the exception of a possible port up to the Wii. But, two or three favored games are not enough to warrant me getting another Nintendo product. I have a GameCube, and that's it...although I have a few games for it. Otherwise, it's $ony and Micro$oft for me...and Micro$oft has lost a lot of respect from me with their Xbox One debacle....so now, even though I have a 360, I shan't be getting an Xbox One...at least, not for the forseeable future. But I digest. All I can say is: It's about frakkin' time, Capcom! Now, do a hi-def remake of Resident Evil 0, 2, and 3: Nemesis! :)

5. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got to the mushroom special world in Super Mario 3D World, and my god does the difficulty level spike! I may have lost twenty lives in worlds 1-8, but in these last two, I've lost easily double that!

6. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hooked up my N64 last weekend and I've been playing through some older games that I never finished for some reason. Currently playing through Bomberman Hero and I'll most likely start Blast Corps when I finish with the White Bomber.

7. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Just started FF VI, really like it so far and I did some training in FF X. Been farming Ability and Speed spheres.

Played some Tomodachi Life earlier and two of my characters, Reggie (Nintendo) and Olivia Benson (L&O: SVU) just had a little baby girl... might play some more of it tonight, along with some shiny hunting in Pokémon X.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

A little off topic, but anyone noticed the latest Steam update? I thought it was just a cosmetic GUI change but it looks like they've got account streaming working (I've tested it and I can now play Borderlands 2 in my living room!) and they're finally allowing multiple categories for the game library.

Is it sad that I was more excited by the categories? Finally I can cross reference my titles! ;)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

They've also allowed for hiding games from your list, apparently.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

So, you can. Goodbye "Junk" category! ;)

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You're not wrong, it is a bit sad ;):p

12. Bob The Skutter

will have P.T to try and Watch dogs when I get home. Hear a lot of good stuff about the former, mixed things about the later

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Watch Dogs is a competent open-world action game. If you generally like the genre (let's say, you enjoyed Shleepy Dawgs, Just Cause, Prototype, Infamous, etc.) , you will definitely enjoy it.

If one were to only play genre entries of the GTA franchise persuasion and avoid the genre otherwise, it might not be a great value because it is by no means a flawless game.

14. Bob The Skutter

Like Prototype and Infamous, Sleeping Dogs I played a little but didn't get in to enough to say one way or the other. GTA generally aren't my favourite games. Prefer something like Infamous or Assassin's Creed in my open world games.

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ You should enjoy Watch Dogs then!

Been playing some Borderlands couch co-op on 360 last night. Still a great game for local splitscreen type action with the significant other. Once we're done with the main story, we might check out the DLC (we played all the DLC in BL2 thanks to the season pass), if we even get that far before BL: The Pre-Sequel releases in October.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Finished Borderlands last night, still a very boring final encounter, still a great co-op experience overall :techman:

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I thought about picking up Watch Dogs yesterday, but I didn't. I am also a big fan of Infamous and Assassin's Creed, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Maybe later this week.

18. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Started Arkham City - fun so far.

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's the same in Super Mario 3D Land. Got to the bonus worlds and DAMN!

20. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

I bought Shadowrun Returns on Steam recently (thanks to RobMax for introducing me to Steam with Machinarium, solid game) and thorouhgly enjoyed playing through the "Dead Man's Switch" campaign.