V casting news

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

On a scale of one to catastophe, how badly does this rate on the RMC* index for fans of the original V?

Huh? I thought they ate hamsters. My memory must be going...

Oh well, could be worse. He could be a Cylon.

*RMC = something to do with George Lucas...

2. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe they're hoping the Party of Five alum success of Matthew Fox being cast as the lead on Lost somehow works with Scott Wolf?

3. dru

dru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

While I liked Scott Wolf in Party of Five and Everwood I just can't see him in V.

They ate white mice except for Willie who would dig them out of the trash bins.

V was *not* campy. I would think Michael Ausiello would actually know what the hell CAMP really is. :angryrazz::mad::brickwall::censored::scream:

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^^The original miniseries wasn't campy, but the later miniseries and TV series bordered on it.

5. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

^"Bordered"? The later series trod and got lost into camp territory!

6. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Scott Wolf:eek::brickwall:

Only redeeming factor is if Scott's grandfather is Ian Wolfe, who played Septimus & Mr. Atoz on TOS, & Lawyer Schwimmer in the TZ's Uncle Simon episode. Plus countless other roles in films & TV.

Instead of rebooting V, hows'bouts something new, original & different for once:confused:

7. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've read all kind of rumor on this one, if ANY of these turn out to be true the show is DOA
    my first google hits for v the series lead me to these kinds of questions at georgemichael, tvdotcom and variety
    One of the lead cast members will be gay, it will focus on a homeland security guy and alien Motherships will be replaced with CGI Spheres the size of footballs. V will be political and deal with subjects like immigration, one of the key themes throughout the new series is the question if 'humanity is worthy of survival'
    http://www.georgemichaelforums.com/showthread.php?p=675859
    "will it really happen? "
    l :lol:

Modern Culture is actually Super-Camp! Some people associate 'Camp' with exaggerated acting, flamboyant fashion, metrosexual actors, pantomimes and mediocrity
    But I think the 00s and the 90s are actually 1000 times more camp than the 80s ever were.
    We won't realize the 00s and the 90s are 'Camp' until they go out of fashion, than all of a sudden being 00s or 90s will be a gay fashion.
    All these emo goth kids obsessesing with their next high are a joke and all these want-to-be rap stars with tattoos look ridiculous. They are super camp and can't survive even with handouts
    airdrop these clowns into Bosnia or the Congo someplace and they wouldn't last 48hrs.
    ModernCulture the goth, the rap, the t-shirts, videogames, the kids text messaging each other about when they are going to text again...it is all the definition of camp, we just don't know it yet. Maybe by 2020 we will see how it became such a farce. People are too self-absorbed in the West, Americans are acting like spoiled brats. Great civilizations don't get beaten by other Empires they decline because their fashionista citizens get so corrupt, camp and whiny.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I thought that myself. They're both on the same network, aren't they?

Only thing I've seen him in was White Squall, with Jeff Bridges. I thought he was adequate in it. Not brilliant but not awful either. This news doesn't affect one way or the other my current 'wait and see' view on the new show.

9. cb31

cb31 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'll wait to pass judgement...I was very skeptical of Luke Perry on Jeremiah and Anthony Michael Hall on Dead Zone and was pleasantly surprised both times, so who knows!

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The hell? :confused:

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it possible they meant "football stadiums"?

12. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A rumor on variety I think. Must be BS, I don't think Scott Peters is a *batteries not included fan
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092494/

13. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

I remember them exactly the same way, Christopher.

--Ted

14. V

V Commodore Commodore

interesting

15. Alpha_Geek

Alpha_Geek Commodore Commodore

If Robert Englund dosen't reprise his role as Willie and dumpster dive while calling out "Mousie!!!" I'm boycotting! :lol:

16. Temis the Vorta

"Footballs" would be more cool. Sneakier that way. :rommie:

17. rac76

rac76 Captain Captain

Didn't know that they have decided to bring something back from the television grave to revamp it. Huh..When is it suppose to be on..next fall? I betcha it will be canceled after it's short run like everything else ABC has canceled.

The original was one of the first sci-fi television shows that I remember watching. I'm curious if the new revamp version is going to be like the nuBSG..darker, gritter, more dramatic. As I said before I really don't have any faith that ABC will keep it for any length then the initial 13 episodes.

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Zap2It is reporting that Morris Chestnut has been cast as one of the good guys.

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Morena Baccarin will play the "Diana" role and be named Anna.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Now that is good news, if you ask me!

20. Temis the Vorta

Good!

Mmmm...she wasn't a very convincing villain in SG-1...but the writing is so sketchy on that show, it's hard to know if she was to blame.