Nicolas Cage's Career hits a new low.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by EmoBorg, Aug 16, 2013.

1. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

If they can remake the new Left Behind movie with a less religious orientation, i wouldn't mind watching it. Something like Arnie's End of Days.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

They already did that. It was called Knowing, and starred (you guessed it) Nic Cage.

Honestly, Knowing was essentially a complete ripoff of Left Behind, substituting aliens for the rapture. The only good thing about that movie was the special effects in the disasters... the plane crash was phenomenal (if not eerie) and the same with the train wreck.

3. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

After The Crow, Dark City & I Robot, that movie was a crushing disappointment for me. I actually started laughing during Cage's tearful farewell scene, it was that badly acted and written.

Looked great, as you'd expect from Alex Proyas, but there were no other redeeming features at all.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Dark City is the only Proyas film I fully like (I've not seen The Crow). Then I checked the credits for I, Robot and Knowing, and DC is the only one with his name on the script. He's great in his directing and visual style, but he needs to start writing his own scripts again instead of being the hired hand.

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

On a related note, Nicolas Cage might or might not be in the Expendables 3.

6. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

That's exactly what it is, yup.

There's nothing nihilstic about Revelation within its proper context. The problem is its been so horribly misused by the power-mad over the years that that's all people think of it.

Supernatural's take on Revelation is probably my favorite despite having some issues with it. Even with it's rather... loose... interpretation and entirely lacking the key figure, the execution is SO much better than the slavishly textbook version of Left Behind and its ilk - not to mention the lack of smugness and self-righteousness and the focus on humanity as worthwhile in our own right.

7. suarezguy

suarezguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked the first two or four books, before the plot and tone became so binary, with the protagonists blandly flawless, and vindictive; the first movie was OK, despite Cameron's cheesiness, while the other two similarly deteriorated. The new film coming from a writer/producer of the past films isn't inspiring.

8. tighr

I enjoyed Evan Goldberg/Seth Rogen's This is the End. Probably the best visual take on Revelation that I've ever seen on film, and the fact that it's a comedy film instead of a drama makes that even more amazing. Probably the funniest comedy movie of 2013.

Honestly, anyone who stayed home while this was in theaters because "it's just another stupid movie by those Superbad boys" missed out on a great movie.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes because now that it's no longer playing in the theaters it will never be shown again! :p

10. tighr

Haha you know what I meant. Seeing movies in the theater (in a room filled with 300+ people) is a different experience than watching a DVD at home... and I even have a 10' projector screen in my living room! Plus, I saw it opening night, so I had no idea what to expect.

11. Showdown

Showdown Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It appeals to Christians. Many Christians like these stories, like the way other people like disaster movies, scary stories, and post apocalyptic stuff. They also get the bonus of it not attacking their beliefs.

Most Christians I know are nice people.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

300 people? I don't think there has ever been that many in a movie I went too, maybe Dark Knight Rises.

13. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cage also owes the IRS a shit load of money. I'm guessing also he's taking anything and everything that comes his way to stay out of jail.

Cage takes anything and everything to pay off IRS debt
    [LEFT]Nicolas Cage has become one of the hardest working actors in Hollywood. Why? Well, the Oscar winner has a pretty large tax debt. According to TMZ, Cage recently paid more than $600,000 toward his tax debt. Unfortunately, the actor still owes the IRS millions. Cage was hit with a tax lien of $624,934.64 back in 2011. He’s paid back that money, plus another lien for $6 million, but still owes about $6 million to the government.[/LEFT]

14. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

These would actually be good movies if they had a bigger budget

15. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can throw all the money in the world at something, that doesn't make it good.

16. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Very true. Battlefield Earth had a budget of about $70 million and it is ridiculously bad. An expensive movie isn't good---it's just expensive.