Lana Lang's "Special" Destiny What Do You Think the Legion Meant?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, and if they fight just long enough, and punch just hard enough, you can be there to see their boobies turn purple from bruising until it looks like they're wearing clothes all over again.

Lana Lang in the comics became/was replaced by a manhunter, most of Smallville was really. An entire town of alien robots being all prime directive while monitoring the kryptonian for just in case.

If they're ll robots, that makes sense.

But if (TV) Cyborg Lana was going to take a name, Manhunter would beanice nod tot he comics and an insane hint about what is to come when everything goes horribly wrong.

I wonder if Lois is going to met Laurel kent in the future? She's supposed to look so much like lois, that Superboy hits on because e can't help himself and no one tells him she's his great great grand daughter.

Also a Manhunter by the way. :)

This shit just writes itself.

Brainiac 5 vs whoever inherited the suit, who just happens to have familiar dna?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well I always thought Lana should somehow schtup Pete Ross... after all, they can bring in some macho black dude to be Pete 'all growed up'. After all in the comics she and Pete got married and he became a congressman or senator or something.

One taste of black and she won't go back LOL

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes Pete in the comics was a Senator and later Vice President of the United States under Lex Luthor's Presidency, in fact after the first arc of Superman/Batman and Luthor's defeat Pete becomes acting President until the elections. I think he ends up resigning or something. Also Lana named her and Pete's child Clark, and has been following Lois and Clark around for the last couple of years. After Idenity Crisis or maybe just before Lana was Lex Corps CEO I think as well, after Talia was ousted.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

um dude thats incest, and incest is wrong, so my parole officer tells me. ;)

5. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And got fired from LexCorp for lending aid to Superman. She currently works at the Daily Planet.

What happened yo the kid? I haven't seen little Clark in years.

6. Admiral_Young

Probably with Pete...I think they have shared custody. Yeah, she got fired for helping Superman after being informed by a holographic Lex that there is a anti-Superman aide clause in all Lex Corp employees contracts. Perry White hired her I think just before Geoff Johns started his run. I remember reading a line where Cat Grant disses Lois about having Clark's ex girlfriend constantly trying to get her hands back on Clark and Lois sort of pauses then replies that Lana is a good friend...I laughed at that line. Apparently Lana's been aiding Kara in Supergirl.

7. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought it was Lucy that was helping Supergirl

8. Admiral_Young

It's Lana...according to Wikipedia ;)

9. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, Lucy has not been very helpful to Kara at all!

10. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's confusing reading this thread after not watching the show for three years. :lol:

11. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    The original poster suggested that Lana's character was ruined by her crappy exit from the show. I think that's immaterial compared to her crappy entrance and crappy sustained presence as the 2nd most obnoxious character in TV history. Oddly enough, #1 most obnoxious is Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, another character with a tacked on "special destiny."

"Kara Thrace & her special destiny. Sounds like the name of a punk band."

12. Admiral_Young

I suggest that Lana's character was further ruined by her crappy exit...correction my good sir! The entire series has ruined Lana's character made her hated by Superman fans alike and I don't hold the entire blame at Kristen Kruek's feet, she only acted what the writers wrote.

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^No, she didn't. For her to act what the writers wrote, she would have to be capable of acting in the first place.

She drained the life out of every scene she was in. Even some of the extremely limited actors they've had as regulars on this show like Welling and Hartley have struggled along without the kind of reaction Kreuk has received. Then you have actors with actual talent and ability like Allison Mack, Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover who can rise above whatever problems there might be with the script.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Too bad Rosenbaum and Glover are gone though.

15. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Indeed.

16. Guy Gardener

What was the dialogue from the Simpsons?

Someone poncy: "I'm the cultdeprogrammer who got Paul Mccartney out of Wings."

Homer:"YOU FOOL! HE WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH ANY TALENT!"

17. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Well, at least Smallville still has Allison Mack.

18. Guy Gardener

I'd love to see her get her teeth into a couple episodes of Breaking Bad or Weeds, show her what it's like to get a script with out a net.

'Girl really does need to spread her wings.

19. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

And if the writers hadn't pissed him off so thoroughly with the finale, we'd still have Sam Witwer as well.

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Hmmmm, he's not so great either, IMHO. He's a cut above some of the pretty boys (Welling, Hartley, Ackles) cast on the basis of what they look like with their shirts off, I suppose.