Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I think they intended to say that this is the first live-action series to feature "the sprawling Marvel universe", which it is. (Unless you count the Hulk movies with Thor and Daredevil.) They just phrased it really badly.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^No kidding. I'm actually taking a vacation day from work on Sept 24 in order to watch the opener. The DVR is fine for the rest of the season, but I'm not missing this!:lol:

And Sept 24 is also the release day of Iron Man 3 on DVD/Blu-Ray! Between re-watching IM3 (which I've only seen once), watching "Agent Carter" (Probably several times:lol:) and "Agents of SHIELD" (Possibly twice), I can honestly say that I'm spending my vacation day in the Marvel Cinematic Universe! :cool:

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

So stoked Maria Hill has some screen time in the opener!
    If this show makes it then I expect her to come on board full time in S2 with HIMYM wrapped up.

5. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That 30-second just puts chills up and down the spine.

Does Stevie Nicks know that "Soldier's Angel" is being used for this?

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Given the state of fast lawsuits these days i'm pretty sure the studio obtained the rights for this song to be used in the trailer ;)

Anyway.. less than a month to go! Yay! :techman:

7. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah...that was NOT a good trailer. :lol:

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure what was wrong with it, though I would have chosen a different song.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think that's the trailer meant to appeal to the broader demographics, not the hardcore fans. Makes sense too since if they want this show to be successful they need to sell it to people who have no idea who Agent Coulson is and don't care.

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Eh, it's got Scherbatsky in it, who am I to dislike it?

12. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was good myself.

13. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The trailer makes it look generic, but I wouldn't call it bad.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah it is a fairly generic television spot, but i think it was meant to be that. As others have said, probably targeted towards a general audience. I still liked it, didn't even pay attention to the song when I was watching it so it made no impression on me either way.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Same here. With Castle, Once Upon A Time, Revenge, and now another OUAT and this, ABC is quickly rising through the ranks of my favorite channels. A live action SW series would be enough to secure it's place at the very top of that list.

16. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I doubt too many people who don't know about the Marvel Universe will be looking for this series to finally hook them. This show is niche, which normally sounds bad but it is largely based on a concept with built in awareness the last 5yrs and a film that made $600m+ domestic, $1.2B worldwide. So the niche has the possibility of being larger than normal....at least for the first few episodes anyway. I just think the % of people who are watching NCIS aren't really going to try this out anyway.

17. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

However, ABC has other demographics. I think there are plenty of people who like action shows or action/dramas and I don't think this is all that different.

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Exactly. They're just looking to hook in as many people as possible. Look at 'Arrow' and 'Smallville' (at least in the early days) I'm sure more than half the audience of these shows weren't/aren't hardcore comic book fans. Allot of them are most likely just there for the action and drama and for them at least, the superhero stuff is just window dressing.

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't have a problem with trying to target different demos or whatever. My problem is that the spot comes off like a bad fan vid from Youtube.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, the trailer itself just looked very poorly constructed.