24, Law & Order, Lost, Monk, Nip/Tuck... which will you miss the most?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, May 25, 2010.

1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Re: 24, Law & Order, Lost, Monk, Nip/Tuck... which will you miss the m

As I've always said, the whodunnit is pretty arbitrary. "How do you prove it?" is where the real brilliance comes in. And frankly, I'd rather be in a room with a pissed off Elliot Stabler than a pissed off Jack McCoy.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

LOST.

I miss it already. :(

3. Winged Victory

Winged Victory Captain Captain

Well I've got a serious girl-crush on Mike Cutter, whew! I want to have him read me the NY penal codes...:drool: And I don't want to forget about the original and best Jack McCoy, what a silver fox! I'll never forget Sam's performance in "Nullification" when he delivers his summation to the jury. It's outstanding. And I wish I could be just like Connie :lol: What girl wouldn't??

I agree; I've never understood the fascination with all the CSIs--too many quick editing cuts, flashy super hi-tech crime-solving do-hickeys, and no courtroom drama. I think when SVU got their whole squadroom equipped with giant flat screen whiteboard computers, they lost me...And the whole Stabler/Benson drama seems like the show should be on The CW...Just give me a well-acted, good crime story. Law & Order was that perfect combination. But, to each their own...

Okay, off the top of my head, I can think of a few outstanding performances that those Emmy people need to consider: SEM for the whole season; Linus Roache in "Innocence", "For the Defense"; ADG in "Boy Gone Astray", "For the Defense"; Sam Waterston for the whole darn season, too! :) Hey, I got really lucky this year when I finally saw Michael C. Hall collect a Golden Globe for Dexter--it was astonishing!:lol:

And yeah, my TV shows are now boiled down to about three: Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men. Nothing left on broadcast for me, and if I ever figure out how to delete NothingButCrap from my cable line up, I'll be one happy camper. I swear that network-that-shall-never-be-named-again should crawl into a hole and die. I'm curious to see if LO:LA will be an epic fail, though...and seeing it's on NoBodyCares, it'll be gone sooner than you can say "Is this because I'm a lesbian?" (Oh, Rohmbot, I can't say I'll miss you! But that line is soooo quotable!) :lol:

I haven't been this saddened by a TV show ending since The X-Files! But they did come out with their latest movie "I Want to Believe", oh, now I'm sad again...what a piece of trash :(

My sister is a huge fan of 24, apparently so is Linus Roache, but I've never found the appeal. Saddened to hear about Scrubs ending too, those earlier seasons were great!

Thanks for creating all of your recent Law & Order threads The Borgified Corpse; they're helping me through my grief of losing my favorite show. I'm still in the denial phase (hurry up TNT and say you'll pick up the show!), so I have a long way to go... :) But I did succumb to temptation by buying Season 7 on DVD. That should help in my darkest hours. Go Jack and new-Claire Jamie Ross!

4. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

Lost was just mindless TV and probably one of the biggest wastes of time ever.

5. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I know I will this time tomorrow. Four hours until I get to see the finale tonight.

Only other show I watch is 24, but I missed all of this season. With Heroes, it has been poor the last season. Lost interest after 6 episodes, and with Flash Forward, also lost interest early on.

6. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

LOST, easily.

I gave up on Nip/Tuck a few years ago, 24 reached it's height, I think during Day 2, Monk was too repetitive, and while I appreciated Law & Order, I just never got in to it.

7. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

None of them. They all wore our their welcome long ago.

8. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fortunately, Rene Balcer (showrunner of the first five seasons of CI, and the mothership for the last three years) is going to be running LA as well. I'm incautiously optimistic that LA will be as good as the last 8 seasons he oversaw. :techman:

9. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther

I'm kinda torn about Serena Southerlyn. She's not as hot as Rubirosa (but then, who is?). She didn't have the personal connection of Kincaid. However, her political arguments with Branch were a great microcosm of the highly polarized indignant liberal vs. neo-conservative debates that plagued America at the time.

Well, while I've contributed in many, I think I've only created one-- the "Favorite Law & Order moments" thread. http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=122080 It's wide open for more contributions.

(dhun-dhung!)

10. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree I still watch the reruns all the time.:techman:

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yup - but they ended it when they needed to. I cringe at the idea of a seventh season.

Every time they explained something, there was like 20 more questions!!! That's when I realized: just end it already.

12. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I honestly won't miss any of them since the only one I ever watched was LOST and I really won't miss it. If you had asked me this a year ago I would have said Lost but this last season the show wasn't itself and wasn't very satisfying and the finale was lukewarm. It ended when it should have--any longer it would be a mess.