My Star Trek Mod

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Donny, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

2. baxart

baxart Commander Red Shirt

Really, Really Sweet!
    Any chance for objs with textures for those of us who play around in poser?
    Both refit and TOS?
    More! More!
    I'd love to see a TMP Klingon bridge.

3. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

Really good work, great attention to detail

4. Donny

Shots of engineering are coming soon guys. Building it as we speak.

5. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

I just want to chime in and say what an excellent thread this is. These 3D views of the ship are stunning.

Has anyone ever tried doing the same thing with the earlier "Cage"/"Where No Man..." version of the ship?

It would be neat to see a decked-out "Mirror, Mirror" version of these images as well, complete with high-backed captain's throne and an "agony booth" in the corridor.

6. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I have no idea the amount of work that must have gone into these. All I can say is that they are really outstanding! Great job. :eek:

7. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Just saw the Engineering thread - great work. Don't forget we want that mod when you get done :)

8. yelahttam

yelahttam Ensign Newbie

This mod is truly Unreal (tm). Seriously though, I would give a lot just to see the TWOK bridge modded. - mh

9. Donny

10. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

Got any renders that you can share? :)

11. Donny

You mean screenshots of the TWOK Enterprise I made??

12. Donny

Took a break from the engineering level and decided to go ahead and create the officer's quarters. I don't have much decor made for them yet, so a lot of the odds and ends on the shelves can also be found in McCoy's office.

I'm really satisfied with how the colored lighting worked out. Gives it a real groovy 60s feel to the overall look.

It's unfortunate for me to tell you that MotS is such an old engine that it doesn't allow for reflective surfaces, so when you walk up to the mirror you can't see the player model's face. However, after getting a chance to walk around the Enterprise I doubt the last thing anyone would complain about would be that you can't see your face in the mirror ;)

It's also unfortunate that the models (like the chair, doors, safe, etc) are unresponsive to the colored lighting of the game engine. That explains why the doors are grey and not tinted green like the surrounding walls. It's a pain in my rear, and I apologize if it detracts at all from the realism.

And yes, you can open the safe!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for this shot, you can see how easy it is to redecorate for the next tenant....carpet colors, lighting, bed and desk placement, etc...all took about 5 minutes to set up a new cabin next door.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  13. Donny

No comments? No critiques?

14. PlanetMudd

PlanetMudd Lieutenant Red Shirt

Maybe everyone else is as stunned as I am with these fantastic images and we're collectively holding our breath in anticipation of the mods release?

What's your policy on using screenshots taken in your mods? Just credit you, and if so exactly how?

JM.

15. Philo

Philo Commodore Commodore

Yes, that's the ticket!

Seriously though, Donny, these images are absolutely stunning. I feel inadequate to describe it. I just want to see more.

16. Donny

One of the Rec Rooms onboard the Enterprise, this one being located on Deck 5 near the officers' quarters.

Spent way too much time on the food trays. It's those little details that count though.

On the foreground table you can see a bowl of Plomeek Soup to the left and a nice crisp salad on the right.
    [​IMG]

Chicken noodle soup, chicken sandwich, and those irresistible colored food cubes. And a tight game of Space Checkers over to the right.
    [​IMG]

Wouldn't be complete without a tri-dimensional chess board.
    [​IMG]

Coffee, menu padd, and nondescript menu selection cards.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  17. dougkeenan

dougkeenan Commander Red Shirt

Absolutely fantastic!!! Nice touch with the colored food cubes! :) (And because you know we're Trek nerds I note KL3 on your chessboard is one quarter out of rotation.)

18. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

Does anyone know what the difference may be, if any material difference exists, between the rec room/mess hall and the "briefing lounge" seen in the teaser to "Where No Man Has Gone Before"?

If there is a difference, will you be doing that room as well?

19. Donny

Actually as far as I know the briefing lounge set seen in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" was not used as any Enterprise interior after that episode. It apparently was struck after the pilots finished up and the stages were redressed / rebuilt for the filming of the regular season. That room was a round room, also used for the briefing room in "The Cage", with slight re-decoration.

Some speculate that this room still existed on the Enterprise even though it was not featured in any of the later episodes. Shaw, I believe, is incorporating that belief into the deck plans he's working on.

I, for one, am not currently planning on putting this room into my Star Trek Mod. The reason is that, again, I am not creating a deck-by-deck representation of the Enterprise. Instead, just featuring a few key decks to make the basic setting for my game. I already have the season-used briefing room and rec room featured, and will function as such in my game. Having another briefing room seems redundant, even though there were perhaps several onboard the Enterprise.

However, if I release a "Virtual Tour" of the Enterprise, I will perhaps incorporate the room in question into the mod.

20. Donny

The Ship's Chapel, with the lighting and paint scheme seen in Balance of Terror, as opposed to The Tholian Web. Although there are only subtle differences, I liked the Balance of Terror version better.
    [​IMG]