NBA Season - 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Oh, I have no doubt they can vote to remove both. I think the question is whether her interest was automatically the same interest. It is apparently irrelevant, though. I guess they can't terminate ownership by owner, they have to just terminate all ownership in the franchise.

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I believe I see faint signs of life emanating from the downtown area...perhaps.....it may be....:alienblush:

3. Dorian Thompson

......The Resurrection on Reno....:cool:

4. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

I only hope Manu can play... :(

5. Dorian Thompson

:p Oh, I suspect he'll play.

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of injuries, what eactly was the problem with Iback's calf that he was declared out of the playoffs a week ago? All I heard was that the calf muscle was swollen. Even a bad bruise should not have put him out of the playoffs. If it was a rupture or a tear, I could see it. But it wasn't, was it?

Hard to believe Thunder med staff mis-diagnosed the injury. Could it be that Serge has such a low tolerance for pain that the staff assumed he wouldn't be willing to play with pain and were anticipating that with the "out for the playoffs"? Or was the team engaging in a little manufatured drama? Not that that would be so bad, I'm just curious especially since I haven't heard anything concrete about the injury -- just how "corageous" Serge is.

7. Borgminister

Vogel might have saved his job today against Miami... Lance Stevenson is such a card--blew in LeBron's ear! :lol:

8. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Spurs vs Heat: the Rematch.

I am actually glad for and looking forward to this pairing. Duncan and James... two certain first ballot hall of fame players, and imho in-arguably Top 50 of all time.

9. Borgminister

Surprised the Spurs won, especially without Parker. But I'm a big team over individual guy, so I'm happy it turned out that way, although there is always a pecking order, even on a team.

Duncan simply took over in overtime, which I was happy to see. Kawhi has so much upside, and he must use it next series, because the self-anointed king awaits.

10. gblews

By beating the Thunder in OKC in an elimination game without their catalyst for the second half, the Spurs put an exclamation point on who the best team in the west is this season.

To Thunder management, when you have a core that gets to the Finals, you don't start screwing around with it before that team has shown that it is incapable of winning a championship as constructed. Then, if changes need to be made, they should be made with the idea of obtaining the players/chemistry needed to get the ring. Trading one of your best core players because you don't want to pay him is a sure way to allow a wide open window of opportunity to close with nothing to show for it.

Last season I thought the only thing that separated Heat/Spurs was HCA. Having HCA this season along with some championship experience for the young guys, I think the Spurs get another ring. Of note, this season they're going back to the 22111 format. That means that crucial game 5 will be played at Miami. That is a clear advantage for the Heat.

For the record, not rooting for the Spurs, don't want them to get a 5th ring in the last 15 years to match the Lakers, but I also don't want to see the Heat join the Lakers, Bulls, and Celts in the very exclusive 3Peat club.

11. Borgminister

If the Spurs have home court, the format is 2-2-1-1-1, how is game 5 played in Miami?

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Don't they do 2-3-2 in the finals?

13. Borgminister

I believe they changed it back to the 2-2-1-1-1...

14. gblews

You're right, my mistake. Game 5 will be in San Antonio, which means whatever advantage that fact gives will also go to the Spurs.

15. Borgminister

Unbelievably, GO SPURS!

16. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

You're damn lucky I'm not a mod.

17. Borgminister

:lol:

Hey, it ain't over yet. But I'm shocked at the progression so far, that's for sure. Haven't figured out Kawhi it happened...

18. gblews

^^ Oh, it's over. Gotta give the Spurs organization credit for holding things together the way they have. I almost don't mind them joining the Lakers in the "5 rings in 15 years" club.

I'm also a bit surprised by how glad I am that the Heat won't be joining the "3Peat" club with the Celts and Lakers. LeBron and the Heat are good, they just aren't that good.

19. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

LeBron is one of the top ten players ever in NBA history, and he will get some more rings. But not on this Heat team. They are too old and too tired and if it weren't for a heroic effort on Lebron's part in game 2, this series would already be over.

20. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

GO SPURS, GO!

Attached Files: