So I finally found the Bluray sales for ST09..wow..

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by RAMA, Sep 3, 2013.

1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

You know I love that last bit about the Rest of the World box office gains not being as big as expected.

Lets look at the numbers ST (2009) US$127.95m, STID US$234m. An increase of something like 83%. Do we know what Paramount were expecting the increase to be. Because I suspect that 83% would hardly be considered bad.

2. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

My impression (which might be inaccurate) is that they were looking for something in the 180%–280% range – the type of increase seen after the first movies in the Pirates and Dark Knight series.

3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Then they were just not very bright to expect that type of growth from a property that has never done well in international markets.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I don't think the sales for the format from before that year were as high, but the numbers are probably not exact.

The majority of people who purchase blurays are not Trekkies, and most won't care exactly what the extras are.

RAMA

5. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not too happy about the commentary decision but I agree with you. A vocal minority is unhappy. Maybe 5% of the people that'd be buying...maybe.

6. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Perhaps more accurate to say ReBuy, there's a difference between buying a film on DVD then upgrading to Blu-Ray, and just buying a brand new film on Blu-Ray.