Why was Worf's klingon girlfriend pretty?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Infern0, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Sadara

Sadara Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I never did understand the Worf/Troi thing. Worf likes it when his women get aggressive. Troi is anything but aggressive.

2. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Plus their teeth aren't as sharp :devil::evil::lol:

3. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I never did either. He sure seemed to "warm up" to the aggressive display that K'Ehleyr put on. But maybe the other Klingons were right. Over time, Worf became more humanized and found Troi's softness exciting (it was near the end of TNG anyway).

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the OP was referring to the Klingon Woman that Worf beats up with a simple hit to the face,.. she goes rolling down the bridge ramp unceremoniously... in Hide and Q.

By the way, though she didn't show herself well as any kind of warrior, she was hot too.

5. BennyRussel

BennyRussel Commander Red Shirt

Right around the corner. Just across the track.
    He also wanted Grillka and she was full-blooded Klingon all the way.

6. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dunno, he seemed to be going after her in his typical overcompensating fashion.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I dunno about you but I think Grilka was hot.

Any man who doesn't like aggressive women isn't a real man.

8. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I agree. I would have worn a hole in Grilka. :D

9. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought the Duras sitsters were pretty hot.

[​IMG]

10. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems that of all the Klingon women shown - including the couple on TOS, and the couple in the TOS movies - attractive is actually the norm.

11. Worf'sParmach

Worf'sParmach Commander Red Shirt

"Worf's Klingon girlfriend?"

I can't even dignify this question with a response.

12. R. Star

Technically it's an accurate term. Kheylar was the only Klingon(or part Klingon) he was ever with, and she refused the whole oath thing only to have Worf refuse it once she got over her cold feet. The only reason Worf even bothered acknowledging that they had mated was so he could kill Duras, otherwise he wouldn't have.

So if not girlfriend, what else would you call her? Friend with benefits? Enemy with benefits? :p

13. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That whole mate/marriage thing confused the eff out of me.

At the time, I was under the impression that Worf was saying "We had sex, we have to get married. Just howl these few words and we'll be married."

Then when he killed Duras, I thought that she had acquiesced offscreen and according to Klingons, they were married.

Of course later, we see Klingons also have huge elaborate ceremonies such as...well...everyone in Star Trek.

Speaking of which...I'm pretty sure Captains shouldn't be able to ORDER their crew to get naked at weddings.

14. R. Star

Well in Reunion Kheylar tried to get Worf to take the oath. But Worf refused because he had been discommedated and didn't want his dishonor to pass on to Alexander.

Maybe the growl these words and we're married is the Klingon equivalent of Elvis in Vegas? Or maybe just "the oath" is something you take as the equivalent of an engagement? I dunno. Not like our own wedding customs aren't goofy at times.

15. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Killing such a smart, cynical, well-rounded character as Kheylar just to give Worf an excuse to kill Duras and a little mileage on "Are you my father?" was very short-sighted. It was also short-sided not to keep Alexander on-board. They could have done the Sisko-Jake thing years before they did....but they probably already had enough flak over Wesley.

Especially since the short term effect was to make the great diplomat Picard look dumb (reprimanding Worf) and the long term effect was to make Worf a bad parent.

Edit: I'm watching "Reunion" right now and just realized if they left Kheylar alive, it would be completely unrealistic that every officer on the Enterprise would not constantly be fighting over her.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

[​IMG]

Our eyes are up here PetaQ!

17. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

Jadzia, Ezri and Deanna most likely couldn't hurl object as heavy as a full Klingon female allowing Worf to not have to duck so much as he read love poetry.

18. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

LOL oddly enough, my friends and I agree that she looks way hotter IN prosthetic makeup. As a Klingon or Vulcan. :lol:

and for all of ye getting hot and bothered by OTHER klingon women, remember Soran waving the air/stench in Generations?

They smell like Shit! or does a bird of prey stink like a Submarine with bad air scrubbers?

19. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

It was an old, obsolete type of Bird of Prey, I wouldn't be surprised if the environmental systems were no longer up to scratch, especially considering the stereotypical Klingon view towards technical skill :p

20. CommanderRyan

CommanderRyan Ensign Red Shirt

It seems to me that and I do find it most interesting but it seems to me this thread is now more so what klingons fans find attractive. And the only thing I have to add is as some have already said beauty is in of the beholder. I can honestly say for there species there were alot of beautiful klingons even though some were strong warriors.