"The Time of the Doctor" Images, Clips, Spoilers & Speculation

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Tom, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

If RTD was still showrunner it'd be guaranteed...

2. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Psh. RTD would have only done cross-overs with classy high-brow shows.

Like Star Trek: Enterprise

; )

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

New trailer

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlN-SPx1zAg[/YT]

4. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The time war will begin anew". That line peeked my interest. It seems the mysterious lady is someone who was not happy with the outcome of the time war and wants to fight it again by killing the doctor. Plus, she is familiar with the doctor in this clip. It raises a lot of questions as to her true identity.

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Moffat claims she's a character we haven't seen before but she has known The Doctor for a long time. Naturally, I'm sure Gallifrey Base is convinced she's The Rani. ;)

On a side note, Orla Brady's smirk reminds me of Eva Green.

...and now I want Eva Green to guest on Doctor Who.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  6. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Rani would make sense. I had the thought that maybe she the corsair, the time lord that the doctor mentions in the episode "the doctor's wife". The doctor even mentions that the corsair has been a woman in some of his incarnations so that would fit.

7. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Which reminds me that I want to see Womb, in which Matt Smith plays Green's lover and, later, son (a clone of her dead lover).

8. The Nth Doctor

Interesting. I haven't heard of it before but I'll have to check it out now.

9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Isn't it a legal requirement that all female guest stars have to have their IMDB entries edited to read "The Rani" as their DW character until their episode airs?

Or has that law been revoked?

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Looks like the rumors were correct
    the Doctor is grabbed by an Angel, his leg turning to stone before he escapes, losing it in the process

[​IMG]

, the Doctor goes on a 300 year war against a menagerie of his deadliest foes – the Angels, Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans in an effort to protect the citizens of the town, the final battle on Trenzalore spoken of in The Name of the Doctor. The episode will be “900 years long” with the Doctor visibly aging through it

[​IMG]

11. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Chances are that isn't the full line, the Doctor's enemies could just as easily be there trying to stop him from finding Gallifrey out of fear of a resumption of the last Time War. In particular the Daleks have got it made currently; they've technically vanquished their rivals, the Time Lords, and they're still around rebuilding back to full strength.

12. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

At approx 36 seconds into the new trailer, is that the Doctor opening the hotel room door from "The God Complex"?

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's my thought, anyway.

14. The Nth Doctor

I realized it was a door number but I hadn't made the connection to "The God Complex."

If it is that door, I hope what is behind it remains ambigious. I prefer leaving that idea up to interpretation, with my personal belief that it's the mortality of The Doctor's companions (as oppose to the common belief that it's his own mortality).

15. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

There's no point in showing that door again if they don't intend to reveal what the Doctor saw, in my opinion.

16. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

I went and compared the trailer to the The God Complex scenes. It's not a reshoot or a re-creation. The 2 brief shots around 36 seconds into the trailer (the door with the room number 11, and the next shot of the Doctor opening a door) are lifted directly from The God Complex episode.

This might be part of a flashback or montage, without any scenes showing what the Doctor saw, or it could be some wibbily wobbly timey wimey thing where we see what kind of future preview he got in that room. (In the episode the cloister bell was ringing when he opened the door).

My personal thought is that given Moffat's track record it is going to be something akin to the the scene in Flesh and Stone, when the Doctor appeared and talked to Amy. It was a scene that drove people mad until it was explained in The Big Bang. We are going to see what he saw in the room. It's possible that this trailer was a subtle hint that he really meant what he said about tying up all the questions and loose ends.

17. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I expect that other visit to the Unit complex by Clara seen in photos on the bulletin board and mentioned by the Zygon Kate to come up.

18. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

Yeah, no kidding. I thought that was Eva Green until I looked up the casting info.

19. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's a lot of revisiting events like that happening in this episode apparently, here's a quote from the BFI screening from Professor Brian Cox:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/dec/19/doctor-who-christmas-matt-smith-peter-capaldi

20. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral