Scott Bakula to star in new NCIS spinoff

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JiNX-01, Feb 4, 2014.

1. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's to hoping it's more successful than Shatner's "#@%!! My Father Says"!

2. cal_nevari

cal_nevari Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought Shatner was fine in that (I thought of him more as a hired hand than it being 'his' show - as it was based on a book by Justin Halpern based on a twitter feed by Justin Halpern) and thought the main problem with the show was the acting of the guy who played the son.

But yeah, I too hope Scott's new show does well.

3. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

A big fan of NCIS (the LA version - not so much) I am happy to give this one a chance.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

As much as I like Scott Bakula, I have yet to sit through a single hour of either NCIS series...hopefully it won't be necessary to watch the rest of the franchise to watch the latest.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

NCIS isn't heavily serialized, so you should be fine.

6. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

NCIS: New Orleans (Be considerate: NO SPOILERS)

I loved seeing Scott starring in a new series. Really nice chemistry with Harmon. :cool: DVR'd the episode. Can hardly wait for Part II.

7. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hard to judge a spinoff from just a 50 mn episode. These types of episodes tend to suffer because the time has to be split between the regular NCIS cast and introducing new characters. The "brother" thing was a little annoying. I loved the scene where Pride tosses the lobbyist over the car. I think the spinoff has potential, primarily from the New Orleans setting. Having the New Orleans party atmosphere in the background will make the show different and fun. The reveal of a copy cat serial killer gave the episode a lot of potential. I definitely like Brody. She is smart, attractive with a tough edge.

8. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry but I gotta disagree there. I thought he did alright in Enterprise :). Was kind of disappointed when the show didn't make it. I hope this show does well. He has good chemistry with the cast so far.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

No need to be sorry, nobody is perfect. Some day you are going to see the truth. :)

10. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

What if on NCIS: New Orleans they have Linda Park's minor JAG lawyer character from the season 10 NCIS episode "Lost at Sea" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_at_Sea_(NCIS) appear to defend an accused D.C. sailor/marine in New Orleans? Then when she meets Special Agent Pride, she'll say "Have we met before?"

11. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I have part 1 pvr'd and am waiting for part 2 before I watch. I am hoping this works out.

12. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The show sure wants to make sure that we know they are in New Orleans. The characters are constantly telling us how NO is special or giving us some witty NO proverb.

13. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

How about NO?

[​IMG]

14. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

They don't tend to carry many characters over from JAG, though they have in the past. They do use the same actors, though. I thought'd be interesting if Zoe McLellan was playing Coates though it'd definitely be a character stretch.

15. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was getting annoying and it was just the first episode.
    If this goes to series I hope that Bakula loses the accent.

16. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

My mother in-law was born in New Orleans and raised in Louisiana. Plus I lived in Baton Rouge for nearly a year.

Believe me…I've seen dialogue like that with my wife's family, people familiar with the city, people I knew down there, and even with the MiL once in a while when we were still in DC.

Besides, most of those dialogue were geared toward the characters new to New Orleans.

17. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked Scott's accent. I think the emphasis on NO was to remind us we aren't just "another" Law & Order set in the same danged city.

NCIS-LA has a definite feel, and NCIS NO will have a definite feel.

I'm looking forward to the new show and to seeing a Zoe without the Coates hang-ups. (Don't get me wrong, I came to love Coates, but she was not someone to help build a show upon.)

Trek actors keep coming to NCIS. Connor Trinnear as a bad guy, Susannah Thompson as an Army Colonel/ investigator/ Jethro's romantic interest, Marina Sirtis as the Mossad director and now Scot as new show's lead. I wonder who's next?

(Jolene doesn't count, cuz that was JAG. ;) )

Speaking of Scott Bakula, he will be in Boston this June for a Creation con with Avery Brooks and Kate Mulgrew. :bolian:

18. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Was this 2-parter filmed on location in Louisiana?

19. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^I'd be amazed if it wasn't, especially the scenes by Jackson Square.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Pretty sure all of the scenes in and around New Orleans were filmed in and around New Orleans. Whether or not the show itself continues to film there (assuming it becomes its own show) is another matter entirely.

I liked Bakula's turn as Agent Pride, accent included. To be honest the only character I didn't really like was Lasalle, I thought he was a little bland.