Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode 1 is Online!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jeri didn't look aged at all to me. As for the gun fight sequences Kano and Jax did use a bit of hand to hand martial arts at the end before the EMP explosion thingy went off. I expect that we'll see more and more martial arts usage in future episodes.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

First Amy Adams is ugly and now Jeri Ryan is very badly aged? :wtf:

:rolleyes:

3. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I must say Jeri sure does flex well for a fortysomething.

I liked as cheesy B-movie escapism - Mike, Jeri, and that guy playing Kanos were great, while that guy from NuBSG was terrible, with the action scenes and effects competent for a web series if a bit cheesy.

4. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

In case this hasn't been mentioned, and in case there's any lingering confusion, Legacy is NOT an expanded version of Tancheron's Rebirth short, although that was certainly the 'genesis' of sorts for his being involved with the project. Unlike Rebirth, which was grounded almost completely in reality and represented a 'Batman Begins'-esque take on the MK franchise, Legacy is firmly set within the same universe, tonally, as the games.

For some great insight into the series and what you can expect, check out this video interview from IGN.

5. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

hmm, a bit weird it's not a continuation of the original short, considering it felt like a pilot for this series and even has the same actors, but maybe they had to take a few liberties with the more unrealistic content once they expanded their story while still trying to keep it realistic in tone.

6. Admiral_Young

Yeah that is what I meant in one of my first posts describing the project. This is in the game continuity. It's designed to explore the motivations of the characters entering the tournament it's self.

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

that was fantastic!! so is this series leading into the game?

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks like a Mordor Orc.

I liked the Rebirth version better.

10. Admiral_Young

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah me too. I'm wondering if some of these changes are being brought about by the people behind the MK franchise. You have to remember Rebirth was an unofficial thing, where this is official, so everything has to go through the MK people now.

12. Admiral_Young

^ That's undoubtedly the case.

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm sure that's true. It's a promo series for the game now, instead of being a fresh movie. I get that, but I'm still going to bitch about the bits I don't like!

Overall, it is still fun, though.

14. Admiral_Young

15. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice article. I liked this tidbit:

16. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Not bad for a web series. I'll probably keep watching.

Don't think I've heard about or thought about Mortal Kombat since '96. Between the web series and the new game it looks like someone, somewhere really wants to bring this IP back from the dead.

17. Admiral_Young

There has been some minor effort to reboot the original movie for a while now. There was some talk several years ago but that went no where. The timing of Rebirth/Legacy with the rebooted Legacy game was perfect. I think if Legacy continues to be successful we could see a potential movie.

18. Admiral_Young

19. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

That was cool, I can see where it is going now, I too want it on DVD as one cut.

20. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I know taking YouTube coments too seriously is the path to madness, but LoL at the comments of Jeri Ryan supposedly being too old and ugly. :D

Let's hope the critics look better at 42, her character won't be the butt of Nostalgia Critic jokes like Blade was from the mid 90s Mortal Kombat movie when she escaped from her cell and killed many henchmen while chained up, plus Legacy co-stars White and Shahlavi are in the same age range to Jeri - double standards much?