How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

I was just happy to watch an episode of the show where 33.3% of the cast weren't trying to hide visible pregnancies... :p

2. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, I'm sure I saw it. I just don't remember the scene where Ted learned of a teaching opportunity.

3. Tomato

Tomato Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wouldn't it be 40%??? (2/5)

4. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe Clay was counting Wendy the waitress. :lol:

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

It's a shame that Barney and Robin have broken up. Maybe they'll find themselves getting back together at some point, but in a more natural, less relationshippy kind of way that'll be unique to them.

6. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Ha! Nah, I just suck at math. :p

7. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Comedy-wise it's better that they go seperate ways imo. It didn't work out well for the show, they are both funnier as singles.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Show needs more Ted. The narrative has taken far too much of a backseat to the Barney Stinson variety show. Not that Barney isn't funny, but would be nice if they told more of Ted's story and just occasionally put in other stuff, rather than making it an easter egg hunt trying to find episodes with bits that relate to Ted and the main story...

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised how the Barney/Robin thing ended up. I thought they would end up in an "open" marriage where Barney is allowed to screw random girls as long as he comes home at the end of the night and Robin wouldn't care. Maybe it'll end up like that in the future...

10. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I did love that bit witht he case shivering, asking if anyone else felt a chill, followed up by the reveal of "barny is back" pan up on NPH. :lol:

11. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic

Agreed. I totally love both of them, but they were cooler before they got together. I did like the episode where they first hooked up though.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I was wondering if I'd ever bump this thread again.

I just saw the season 6 finale. Looked like they were hinting at Robin being Barney's bride. That was quite a cliffhanger. :eek:

The only thing that's throwing me off right now is the flash forward to when Barney was pretending to be on his death bed to get back at Marshall. It's hard to tell if he was married to Robin or anyone else at that point. Then again, that incident could have been a gag that Future Ted threw into the story.

13. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

50/50 on that one. hinted just as strongly that it's the other girl (forget, she was Robin's friend, wasn't she?) Could see them going that direction more likely, as it lets them tell new stories, rather than putting Robin and Barney together again...

14. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I didn't see it as Robin at all, that thought didn't even cross my mind. I thought it was obviously the other one, whose name I can't recall spontaneously.

15. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Barney and Robin was one of those things where the writers seemed to realize it was a "Friends level" cliche but thought they could subvert it, then figured out they couldn't and dropped it and now are trying to convince themselves they can make it work.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I always thought that Robin and Barney were the only ones that could be together... in an "open" marriage where he's allowed to screw around and she doesn't care.

17. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know how that would work in the context of the story that's being told. Since Ted is telling the story to his kids who would know whether Aunt Robin and Uncle Barney were married, what would be the reasoning behind being so coy about it?

18. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

As season finales go it was quite ok.. i don't think it will be this british gal (though she's drop dead gorgeous :drool:) but Robin because i don't believe they're going to include another regular cast member.

However the show is beginning to drag.. a lot! Season 6 is over and still no mother? and It could be the season 7 finale when Barney is marrying at which point they have to reveal the mother since it has been said he will meet her there. Come on.. the show is nearing its end (2 seasons tops i think) so i'd like to get to know her but not on the final scene of the show finale please!

19. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Of course it's Norah. At least, I hope it's Norah.

20. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^

Word. Barney and Robin just don't work together. Also, Michael Trucco's gonna show up and probably marry Robin at some point, so I think it's gotta be Norah.