Aliens Among Us

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by T'Girl, Feb 17, 2010.

1. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Many have noted through the years that it appears that Mister Spock is the only non-human aboard a other wise all human ship, but is he? It's a little to easy to say that there are plenty of non-humans in Star Fleet, oh but they're just off camera, but what if they're right in front of us. There were several non-human races who had the appearance of humans. Who then is the alien?

First possibility, Sulu. He looks to be of Japanese descent, but Sulu isn't a Japanese name. Like so many non-humans during TOS he only had a single name. Even the later addition of a Japanese first name doesn't preclude mixed species ancestry. His home town being San Fransisco increases the chances that at least one of Sulu's parents were non-human. San Fransisco is Star Fleet's headquarters, many non-humans live there. Star Fleet personel, civilian employees, government employees (Federation and Eath) and family members. If both of Sulu's parents were non-human, their ancestors may have immigrated to Earth generations before Sulu's birth, they choose to give their son a name from their new home land.

And have you considered that there very well might be three different Sulu's on the Enterprise? There is the Lt. Sulu we usual see at the helm and who enjoys fencing. There is a second Lt. Sulu who works in the botany lab, he is a close friend of Janice Rand and has a plant named Gertrude (The Man Trap) . A third Sulu is assigned to astro sciences, a physicist perhaps, of unknown rank, maybe a petty officer (WNMHGB).

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yeoman Janice Rand is very obviously another non-human. You see, that isn't a elaborate hair style, that is in fact the actual shape of Rand's head! The enlarged size of the cranial cavity of Rand's race (Randizoids) accommodates a brain of superior abilities, important for Rand's many complex duties.

Also transporter chief Kyle, he has this truly weird off world accent.

:confused:

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

:lol: I like your thinking.

3. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Randizoids are, in fact, a race or sub-species of Coneheads from the planet Remulak.
    And what about Mr. Scott? He's supposedly a Scotsman from Aberdeen, but WTF is with that accent? I think he's really an alien who immigrated to Earth, settled in Scotland, and tried to assimilate as best he could. He just could never get the hang of speaking English with a real Scots accent.

And Chekov, with that weird way he says “w” instead of “v”. “Keptin! The wessel just wanished!” No Russian speaks English like that!

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I think you're right about Scotty, last time I looked Human being had TEN fingers

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I've often suspected Rand of being an alien.

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Maybe Scotty was from Caldos. They based their entire culture around the Scottish Highlands (from TNG: Sub Rosa).

I think Kyle was supposed to be Australian. And I guess there are some that may think that Australians aren't from this world. :D

7. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Ooooh, that's tacky!
    I can't imagine what would give anyone that idea.

[​IMG]

8. 137th Gebirg

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Obviously Mr. Leslie can't be human. He's some alien species that's capable of returning from the dead.

10. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic

No, that's Canadians.

11. 137th Gebirg

^^^ My mistake. ;)

12. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Don't be too hard on yourself. It's an easy mistake. :p