Donny's TOS Enterprise Interiors

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Donny, May 9, 2013.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Re: Donny's TOS Enterprise Interiors

I'm not following. What do you mean "that very lift"?

2. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

I think he's just referring the fact that the same elevator lift they used to exit the ship towards the film's climax (as seen in his posted image) is the same one just on the other side of the pressure door in the staging area. You can clearly see it in the cut scene with Shatner as he and the extras step in. I think that control panel where the crewman gets "pinched" also has some direct mention of the lift functions.

3. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

4. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

I haven't been able to get much work done lately, as I've been spending a good bit of my free time with my amazing new beautiful Trekkie girlfriend, but I did manage to get some details done on this console. AFAIK, this console (in this configuration) was only seen very, very briefly in the shot below, so I had to guess as to how the other half appeared. I used the "Tractor Beam" Phase II graphic (seen in the Epsilon 9 and the Dilithium Reactor sets) and changed some of the wordage to reflect a "Torpedo Spread" display.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for the levers, they were also seen in the dilithium chamber, so I used better references from that set to make the lever contraption.

[​IMG]

I plan on finishing up this aft half of the torpedo bay before moving on to the forward half.

5. mattpiper

mattpiper Ensign Red Shirt

Would it be possible to do an overhead shot (like you did of the sick bay area)? I've never quite been able to put together how this room/area is really arranged... (weird wall angles and such)...

6. Donny

Sure, but it wouldn't be of much use at this point, since I haven't even started constructing the forward half. I will post a shot as requested once I construct the entire room.

[EDIT]Here's what I have so far.
    [​IMG]

7. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had no idea those wall angles were so sharp!

8. Donny

I'm not quite sure if that's how everything lined up on the actual set, as there are no authentic schematics on the redress. It is a little evident from screencaps, however, that the walls do not meet at nice 90 degree angles. My build is just a "best guess", and everything seems to fit nicely with how I've arranged things, without much deviation from on-screen references.

9. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It does seem a bit sharp but at this moment I don't have any better suggestions. Still a very good start Donny. :)

10. cardinal biggles

I didn't realize the room was asymmetrical at the back, but that certainly lends itself to the idea that there's two torpedo bays rather than a single loading track that feeds both tubes (as portrayed in Mr. Scott's Guide).

11. Donny

Definitely asymmetrical, as seen in this screencap: http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/twokhd/twokhd1083.jpg You can also see how the furthest walls are angled away, as well.

12. cardinal biggles

I should really set up a shortcut on my computer so when I reply to one of your posts, it automatically pastes in "As many times as I've seen TWOK, I never noticed..." :p

13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

That, plus, in the screen cap that Donny cited, it looks like there is a sign indicating that they are currently in "Torp Bay 2" (behind Uhura's head) and there is another sign on the left next to the rectangular door that appears to say "Torp Bay 1", indicating that's what's on the other side of the door.

However, to muddy matters even more, in the Mutara chase scene, there is a screen cap inferring an additional "Torp Bay 3" and "Torp Bay 4", using the same set and without swapping the door shapes to match the exterior, if that is in fact where they're supposed to be. Quite confusing, IMO.

14. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

As has been thoroughly discussed already... in this very thread....though it was about 60 posts ago...

--Alex

15. cardinal biggles

Yeah, I'm not even going to attempt to explain those signs.

16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Sorry - missed that one. Seemed topical, though, now that Donny's started working on that part of the set. :shrug:

17. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Myself, I'm a little less worried about repeating / missing a post in a NINETY FOUR page thread. :)

18. Donny

Progress has been slow, but I'm managing to fill out the remaining aft-section details. Soon, I will start with the forward end.

I've placed some much-needed signage and the airlock console. The airlock console, of course, was a re-use of the Airlock Lift Console seen in TMP. I have, however, changed some of the verbiage, since it obviously does not control an airlock elevator/lift system in the Torpedo Bay, but just an airlock. I've also modified the coloring to match it's appearance in TWOK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Fantastic, as ever. I always liked how TWOK had those fire extinguishers everywhere, presumably to put out all the smouldering ash trays. ;)

20. brainbox

brainbox Commander Red Shirt

very very nice Donny