Cast The Inevitable Batman Reboot

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captaindemotion, Aug 4, 2012.

1. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Which one? Or just all of them? :)

2. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Zac Ephron.

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Nora Ephron.

4. Gecko of Gorn

Gecko of Gorn Commodore Commodore

Ryan Reynolds.

There. I said it.
    ** Runs away. Very quickly. **

5. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Boss-eyed and doesn't look too bright.

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

He would have been my second choice after Bale, last time out. But I think that as he's now aged 43, he's probably older than what they have in mind.

Ooh, yeah, good call. He'd be a bit leftfield for the character but I can definitely imagine it being offered to him and him making a success of it. But as you say, he may not be interested.

I also think Hamm would have been an interesting Superman or Batman but I agree with you, he's likely to be too old. Ditto Pearce (who I understand has turned down the roles of Wolverine and Daredevil, as he's not interested in superhero movies).

DiCaprio has been linked to the role before (and to that of Robin in Batman Forever) but, Inception aside, he doesn't seem to be too keen on blockbusters. Fassbender is too associated with X-Men now, IMHO (especially with First Class getting a sequel), while I think Damon is also probably too old.

With you on Cranston, but I don't see why it would rule him out of the live-action version - the audience who saw Year One would be minimal compared to that for, e.g TDKR. Wade Williams had a (very small) role in TDKR and has done several DCAU movies.

Cooper made it clear that he was disappointed in the script for Batman Begins, so I suppose it's possible that he'd return for a better script, but I think he's probably just not interested. I think Bridges is too old and Penn just wouldn't do it. Brolin could work though.

Oh, I do like the Bill Nighy suggestion!

I'm guessing that Catwoman, Talia, Two-Face and Ra's will all be left out of the reboot for some time, meaning that the likes of Rachel Weisz will be too old by the time the writers and makers do return to those characters. Most of the names you've suggested were on wishlists for the last trilogy, as I'm sure you know - Mortensen and Day-Lewis were both offered the role of Ra's before Neeson, so it's unlikely that they'd take it this time round. Isaacs made a good job of the voiceover part in Under The Red Hood.

I must admit, that while I like Philip Seymour Hoffman, I just don't really see him as Penguin.

7. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hamm or Caviezel as Batman
    Cranston as Gordon (This MUST happen)
    Rickman or Nighy as Alfred.

I can't top a single one of these suggestions.

I agree with the premise that they should stay away from Ras, Talia, Bane or Two Face. I almost think they have to be willing to use Catwoman and the Joker, however.

Assuming they aren't afraid to use the character after Ledger, I'd go with Benicio Del Toro as the Joker. His "Jackie Boy" in "Sin City" grinned like a Jerry Robinson drawing.

For the Riddler? Michael Emerson from Lost.

8. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Do not want.

9. The Badger

The Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Batman - Nathan Fillion
    Joker- Alan Tudyk
    Catwoman - Summer Glau
    Lucius Fox - Ron Glass

And so on...

10. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Written and Directed by Joss Whedon. Summer Glau would probably be Barbara Gordon than Catwoman, that role would go to Morena :)

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Adam Baldwin as Bane, of course...

Might not sound like the guy from Diablo this time though.

12. The Badger

Well, I was thinking Summer's dance background would help her in the action sequences, look at the fight scene in Serenity, where she reputedly did much of it herself. But, I can see Morena as Catwoman, and if Barbara Gordon is Batgirl rather than Oracle, it's win-win.

13. Admiral_Young

I could see where Summer would be Selina, but Babs I think would interest Joss a lot since she's the heroine and Summer in my mind would be perfect for Barbara. The only change I'd make to your suggestion is David Boreanaz over Nathan Fillion. I don't see Nathan as Batman at all. I'd go back to Buffy/Angel alumni for that role...but the rest of the Firefly/Serenity cast I'm all for :)

14. The Badger

I sort of see your point. Nathan would be excellent as the public persona of Bruce Wayne, millionaire playboy, nice guy but not the sharpest tool in the box. But maybe not the bat himself.

Jewel Staite as Harley Quinn? Sean Maher as the Riddler (I'm reaching here)? Mark Sheppard as a younger Alfred? Or, if we're opening it up to other Whedon works, Anthony Head?

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe have Summer as Harley? She's done crazy before and her dancing could come in handy for Harley's playful movement.

I think this thread's gone in the crapper... :lol:

16. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, I can't see Nathan Fillion as Batman. He's way more Hal Jordan to me.

I've thought about this some more...

Jim Caviezel as Bruce Wayne/Batman
    Terence Stamp as Alfred
    Matt Bomer as Dick Grayson/Nightwing
    Drew Roy as Jason Todd
    Charlize Theron as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
    Tom Selleck as Commissioner Gordon

17. Admiral_Young

Jewel would make a great Poison Ivy IMO especially after seeing her in "LA Complex".

18. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Eastwood - perfect! This would be an awesome performance for him
    Matter - perfect - I can see him as Terry, he broods just enough
    Agayeman - she's got the sci-fi cred it would work

Now get to Hollywood and be a casting agent! :)

19. Admiral_Young

Clint Eastwood was originally attached (or at the very least rumoured lol) to the "Batman Beyond" project when it was being developed. He was the only actor they had in place at the time while they wrote the loan draft of the script. Of course this fell through and I believe they then went with the "Batman Vs Superman" route...although I can't quite remember this now.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Presumably the villain if the piece would be Firefly?