Official TrekBBS Fantasy Baseball thread!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I only have a vague idea of how roto scoring works. You would think ESPN would explain it somewhere, but maybe not. But it's a long season and there's plenty of time to learn.

Edit to add: I did find this on ESPN's site. Maybe it'll help:

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/resources/help/faq?name=how-do-roto-standings-work

I have two players that were on my 2007 team. CC Sabathia is the only player I've kept since the 2007 draft, but if he keeps pitching like he did yesterday, that could come to an end. I also have Justin Morneau, but he was a re-draft.

2. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An explanation of Roto from this page- http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/mlb/news?slug=ycn-10792917

It is similar to head to head that you are competing to have the best totals in each stat category, only in this case you are going against the whole league and it is over the whole season and not just a week.

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So in that example the highest points anyone can get in the league is 120? I think as the week went on I was getting a little handle on how it worked, so that's good.

4. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

All I know so far is that I'm doing great :p

That, and the people in this league make TERRIBLE trades, so I should start proposing horribly 1-sided things soon, as they seem to just accept them...

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I've done two trades and like them so far for the most part. It also helps that my team finally got going at the end of the week. I do have a question though. How the heck did you get Harper, Sandoval and Davis. Man they've been on fire for you this week.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Paid good money for them :p

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Reminder for the standard Keeper league: you gotta try and keep on top of your team. I think we've currently got 2 dead teams (Coaster and Crane Mutiny), and will be trying to replace them soon if no action is taken. Got a couple others that are questionable.

Not asking for crazy action, but please move your DL players to, well, the DL, and try either daily or weekly to set your rosters and pitching to play your guys.

Jespah and Tomalak, you two still interested in taking over spots in the Keeper league? Unless the dead owners show up soon, those spots are up for grabs, and you two showed interest when it came up before...

8. sportzkid

Was just going to post a notice similar to what scout had posted. I did another check today and we have three teams that have not made any roster moves of any kind, not even moving players to the bench. The two scout listed and Ow My Hip Hurts as well.

9. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Funny that Crane Mutiny is 1st in the NL (and Coaster is 3rd in the AL) despite not making any moves.

I wish I could borrow some of their DL spots- I was up to five of my players on the DL and ended up having to drop a few because I didn't want to tie up the spots on my roster.

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Small sample size, mostly. And auto-drafted, so it just means that they likely don't have many pitching bench spots, so all their pitchers play, and the bench hitters just sit there, so not awful for a small period.

Either way, no activity, and should be replaced with someone that wants to do it.

I also spoke to my buddy Drew (Ow my hip hurts) and he'd like to be replaced as well, just had a kid and doesn't have the time. So i think we're looking for three new members here.

11. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

An evil monkey told me to come here.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

You do everything they tell you to do? :p

Anywho, you mentioned being interested, so extending an offer. Got a couple abandoned teams in the league, looking to fill them back up with people that will manage them. Up for the challenge?

And for the group at large: got 2 other spots to fill, so if you're interested, or know someone that is, let me know and we'll set it up.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  13. jespah

Ready when you are (just sent you a note).

14. sportzkid

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

15. jespah

Thank you. :)

16. donkey

donkey Commodore Commodore

Welcome to the league. Hopefully i wont' be in last place again this year.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Riding high now, Donkey, but don't get too comfortable ;)

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

No takers for that last manager opening in the Keeper league? It's Coaster's old team, a storied franchise just waiting for new ownership to build them back into a contender... :)

19. sportzkid

Still need a new owner for Coasters team if any one wants in.

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Congrats to Sportzkid for finally making the leap and joining the Winner's Circle. We'll see if we can fish out a gold jacket for you, I'm sure McCosh has a few extras he's not using at the moment :)

Sucks (for me) to lose on a tiebreaker for the championship, but you DID have the better record, and crushed me in head to head during the year, so oh well. Once my team heals up, I'm coming to take it back next year, though. Either way, I knocked out McCosh, which has been damned tricky over the past few years, so at least there's that. You've been running the league for a while, seems fair to let you win one.

One. ;)

Enjoy the off-season, and let's see about getting some fresh blood to take on the team or two that could use a new owner...